LCD Remote for iPod? | iLounge News

LCD Remote for iPod?

A reader has informed us of an Apple iPod presentation on the Apple Sales Web website (members only). Of interest, is a slide depicting a photo of an iPod with an illustrated LCD remote, radio tuner and microphone. Two of the four accessories listed in the slide are shipping - the microphone and photo card reader by Belkin. And Griffin Technology has already announced an FM tuner for iPod. This information leads us to believe that one day there may be an LCD remote released as well. One can only hope. iLounge has verified the Apple iPod presentation for authenticity and concludes it is not a fake.

pic

« Audible User’s Guide for iPod

Recommend a song at DailyTunes.com »

Comments

I’d like to see a VIDEO iPod, dockable to TiVo, preferably before M$ releases its own video player.
The iPod is 2 years old, and it really hasn’t seen anything more than a skin-deep redesign. Sure, right now the iPod is at the top of the class, but it would be a shame if tomorrow it ended up being yesterday’s news :(

Posted by LordJohnWhorfin on October 28, 2003 at 2:42 PM (CST)

>I’d like to see a VIDEO iPod

They’ve already released a video iPod, but unfortunately it isn’t Apple that makes it, but RCA. It’s called the Lyra and it’s simply fantastic.

I traded up from a 3G iPod to a Lyra and I am getting the same mad buzz from it that I got from my 1G iPod all those years ago.

The only thing I miss on the Lyra is a jogwheel for stepping frame by frame through video… that woould be awesome.

Posted by Lyra on October 28, 2003 at 3:22 PM (CST)

mmm i want that

Posted by zeve on October 28, 2003 at 5:23 PM (CST)

yeah,
derek,
UNCOMPRESSED stereo recording is fine, an option to record in .m4a @160kbps or so would be nice too.

Anyway, all this (AUDIO/VIDEO recording (forget about the screen too, just need the 20G/40G as storage)) seems so obvious and easy, get on with it puhlease!

Posted by ofuro on October 29, 2003 at 3:12 AM (CST)

The Lyra is not the only option in PVPs (Personal Video Players). The Archos, Vosonic, FlashTrax, Sharp, and Panasonic are also kick a s s.

More details here (they even have a mock up of the rumored video iPod)

Posted by AllAboutChoice on October 29, 2003 at 9:37 AM (CST)

Are you guys kidding me that don’t think this LCD remote is what some of us want?  When not traveling and while home, I have my 3g iPod connected to my Bang & Olufsen home system and am waiting impatiently for this exact product.  A way to completely control my iPod from the comfort of my couch.  Not just to go forward or backwards but to “completely” control the iPod without wires.

Posted by Duane Pandorf on November 1, 2003 at 3:25 AM (CST)

it is so small, where is the link for the lcd remote slide show, on this page is not a link.

please, apple, how much it that cost??

Posted by bjipod on November 1, 2003 at 10:47 AM (CST)

“I have my 3g iPod connected to my Bang & Olufsen home system and am waiting impatiently for this exact product.”

I used to connect my 2G iPod to my audio system using the analog RCA jacks but there was a lot of noise gain and hiss.

Then I traded up to an iRiver iHP-120.

Optical digital out (SPDIF). The output quality is simply *fantastic*. There is no comparison. I could never go back to the iPod. FOr listening in hostile environments like in the subway, it’s fine. But when you output an iPod to reall high-end gear you quickly realise how badly Apple skimped on the quality.

Oh, and I get 16 hours playback on a charge. I don’t miss the iPod pathetic battery. Not At All.

Posted by iRiver on November 2, 2003 at 12:44 PM (CST)

oh and I forgot the main point, my iRiver comes with a 4-line backlit LCD remote.

Posted by iRiver on November 2, 2003 at 12:46 PM (CST)

Give me a break, the ipods sound is fine.  Besides its an mp3 player…and unless you are copying aiff files to it, i don’t think the optical out is exactly worth it.

I agree with the battery though.

Posted by Jason Biggs on December 24, 2003 at 6:32 PM (CST)

T3 magazine (a mag in the UK) has released a concept photo for a video ipod. It features a 50gb hard drive and an 7” touch sensitive lcd screen. the picture has been released from the company that is develping it. Believe me it looks BLING!!!!!!!

Posted by CloudSurfer on June 7, 2004 at 12:09 PM (CDT)

I would love a LCD remote… I could care less if it’s wired or not.  For those who said bluetooth can’t be placed in a small device should look into bluetooth handfree sets for cell phones.  My bluetooth handsfree is a lot smaller than my navipod remote.

If I can’t have a LCD, at least give me a “Menu” button.  I use my IPOD in my car and it beats me down everytime i have to put down the Navipod to pickup the ipod select menu to browse.

Posted by Joe_Camel on August 16, 2004 at 6:59 PM (CDT)

does anyone know the 4th and/or 5th generation iPod accessory protocol (control the iPod externally)? I’m looking for the assembly language code starting with something like 0xFF 0x55…..I know the 3rd generation is available online, however I’m interested in the newer generations. someone please help!

Posted by Steve L on September 15, 2009 at 6:16 PM (CDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3