Leaked AT&T iPhone launch guide provides more details
A leaked AT&T internal “iPhone Launch Training Participant Guide” has surfaced on the internet, and contains still more details pertaining to the iPhone’s launch. Of particular note is the guide’s language regarding pre-paid service. At one point in the document, it states “Customers who complete a Pre-Approved credit check in-store and who owe a deposit can: pay the deposit (this avoids a return trip to the store to do so), not pay the deposit, but will choose pre-paid service, (during the iTunes activation process).” This would indicate that the iPhone will be available with pre-paid service, however, later in the guide it states: “Customers will only be offered GoPhone Pick Your Plan if the credit check results in a deposit requirement. GoPhone Pay as You Go is not offered with iPhone.” A definitive answer has yet to emerge.
The document also states that iPhone customers purchasing the handset in AT&T stores will receive their purchase sealed in an Apple-branded bag that must be scanned out at no cost by an AT&T employee. In addition, it lists the Apple-branded accessories that will be available alongside the iPhone at AT&T stores, including the iPhone Travel Charger, iPhone In-Box Stereo Headset, iPhone Bluetooth Mono-earbud, iPhone Bluetooth Travel Cable, and iPhone Dock Connector to USB Cable. Finally, as of June 29, AT&T will sell iTunes Gift Cards as well, in denominations of $25 and $50.
- Apple releases iOS 9.2 beta 4, tvOS 9.1 beta 3
- Conflicting reports over rumored new 4-inch iPhone
- Apple releases iOS 9.2 beta 3 to developers
- Apple patent describes a fingerprint ‘panic mode’
- Apple releases iOS 9.2 beta 2 to developers
- Apple releases first iOS 9.2 beta to developers
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Apple acknowledges iPad Pro charging problem, doesn’t have fix yet
- App Store rules may limit number of iPad Pro-specific apps
- iFixit tears down the Apple Pencil
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Logitech Create iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- Apple iPad Pro
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?