Leaked AT&T iPhone launch guide provides more details
A leaked AT&T internal “iPhone Launch Training Participant Guide” has surfaced on the internet, and contains still more details pertaining to the iPhone’s launch. Of particular note is the guide’s language regarding pre-paid service. At one point in the document, it states “Customers who complete a Pre-Approved credit check in-store and who owe a deposit can: pay the deposit (this avoids a return trip to the store to do so), not pay the deposit, but will choose pre-paid service, (during the iTunes activation process).” This would indicate that the iPhone will be available with pre-paid service, however, later in the guide it states: “Customers will only be offered GoPhone Pick Your Plan if the credit check results in a deposit requirement. GoPhone Pay as You Go is not offered with iPhone.” A definitive answer has yet to emerge.
The document also states that iPhone customers purchasing the handset in AT&T stores will receive their purchase sealed in an Apple-branded bag that must be scanned out at no cost by an AT&T employee. In addition, it lists the Apple-branded accessories that will be available alongside the iPhone at AT&T stores, including the iPhone Travel Charger, iPhone In-Box Stereo Headset, iPhone Bluetooth Mono-earbud, iPhone Bluetooth Travel Cable, and iPhone Dock Connector to USB Cable. Finally, as of June 29, AT&T will sell iTunes Gift Cards as well, in denominations of $25 and $50.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?