Lego + iPod = cool toy stands | iLounge News

Lego + iPod = cool toy stands

Like toys? iLounge reader Richard L. has used Legos to create unique iPod stands that are described as “100% handmade and unique” with “designs [that] will not be used again.” For pictures, check out the link below. These unique Lego stands are now being auctioned on eBay.

« TiVo offers limited edition 20GB iPod

Incase to release Flower, Flame and Turntable mini cases »

Comments

Great Idea….but kindy chunky and clunky looking. Must be nice having a lot of free time, but hey, you could always sell them for like…$29.99.

Posted by Lupin III on September 22, 2004 at 4:43 PM (CDT)

Haha, very creative.  Makes me want to dig out my old legos and build my own stand :-)

Posted by Teqnilogik on September 22, 2004 at 4:43 PM (CDT)

Pffft. My Lincoln Logs stand blows the Lego stand away.

Posted by Grafty on September 22, 2004 at 4:44 PM (CDT)

Those are pretty neat things. You could probably sell them :)

Posted by Doug Gilmour on September 22, 2004 at 5:03 PM (CDT)

Are you the “Doug Gilmour” (formerly)of the NHL?

Posted by Pass the Puck on September 22, 2004 at 5:20 PM (CDT)

has anyone seen my baseball?

Posted by jotty on September 22, 2004 at 5:33 PM (CDT)

Thats a great idea ... much better than spending 40 bucks on a boring old apple dock

Posted by Anirin in CA, USA on September 22, 2004 at 5:59 PM (CDT)

i made my own ipod stand a while ago.

check it out:

Posted by StinkieDMB in Pittsburgh, PA on September 22, 2004 at 6:42 PM (CDT)

That’s pretty cool, but it’s pretty much useless to those of us who already have docks, either through purchase or bundled with the ipod.  Great for having an extra stand, for like having at work though.

Posted by puzzl in Anaheim, CA USA on September 22, 2004 at 7:11 PM (CDT)

the apple dock is not compatible with most of the cases. It is pretty neat so far.

Posted by lol on September 22, 2004 at 7:23 PM (CDT)

No line-out (all but one of those docks).  Nice idea, I would start making them and using glue so that they stay together permanently.  Then I would sell them.  Why not?  There are a million cases out there for the iPod that are “home made,” why can’t there be any cases?

Posted by notfalling on September 22, 2004 at 8:51 PM (CDT)

It’s sacrilege to glue Lego pieces together.

Posted by RSM in Tupelo, MS on September 22, 2004 at 9:28 PM (CDT)

RSM:

Generally, I would agree, but when you need something long-lasting, glue is the answer.  After all, the Lego Master builders glue their statues together.  How do you think they survive like that outside?

Posted by Cameron on September 22, 2004 at 10:40 PM (CDT)

The iPod stands are for sale!!!

I started the auctions last night on ebay.

Search for “Unique ipod lego” and you will find them, alternatively follow this link:

http://search.ebay.com/Unique-ipod- lego_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQsotrZ2QQ
coactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch

I am based in the UK but can ship worldwide. Glueing the pieces together is something I would be happy to do (it is offered in the auctions)

The starting price is £15 (thats about $23) Auctions end on Monday. I have no idea how well these will go down, comments and questions would be appreciated!

All of the docks hold the docking port firmly, with the hooks squeezed in, so the iPod can be charged from the stand, and easily removed without squeezing the port connector

Thanks for the responses so far!

Posted by Richard L on September 23, 2004 at 1:53 AM (CDT)

OK the link doesnt work but you can copy+paste the whole lot to your browser and it does

Posted by Richard L on September 23, 2004 at 1:54 AM (CDT)

I already made one after seeing the site :P Works great :)

Posted by Daniel on September 23, 2004 at 6:32 AM (CDT)

Well I got around to making one since I saw these earlier today.

Mine has the dock plug locked in with Lego, and the buttons pushed in.  So now you can put the iPod on/off just like you would on the regular dock. :D

Had to tape it to the desk though as I didn’t have any weights handy to weigh it down.

Posted by m00j on September 23, 2004 at 7:51 AM (CDT)

Why don’t you use tires to hold the iPod up instead of those black pieces you have?  With tires, you wouldn’t risk scratching the back as much.

Posted by Legos Rule! on September 23, 2004 at 8:44 AM (CDT)

Those black pieces I use to support the back of the iPod on 3 of the stands are made of very soft rubber (softer than lego tires). They were originally the sides of a lego hovercraft model, and are perfect as they do not scratch the ipod one bit, and are easier to incorporate into the stand. Read the descriptions on ebay for more information.

Which design does everyone like best? Would it be possible for other people (I know there are some) to post pictures of stands they have made?

Cheers

Posted by Richard on September 23, 2004 at 9:16 AM (CDT)

just think if they were laser cut (you have the plastic requirment done) you could sell them for 35 bucks!!!!

Posted by rivlinm in saint louis on September 23, 2004 at 10:54 AM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >