Lego + iPod = cool toy stands | iLounge News

Lego + iPod = cool toy stands

Like toys? iLounge reader Richard L. has used Legos to create unique iPod stands that are described as “100% handmade and unique” with “designs [that] will not be used again.” For pictures, check out the link below. These unique Lego stands are now being auctioned on eBay.

« TiVo offers limited edition 20GB iPod

Incase to release Flower, Flame and Turntable mini cases »

Comments

!!NERD ALERT!!

Posted by The Bully on September 23, 2004 at 11:23 AM (CDT)

Wow, I really like it!

Posted by Daniel on September 23, 2004 at 11:31 AM (CDT)

why dont you publish some instructions,
then they can come free with breakfast cereals!

Posted by diddy on September 23, 2004 at 11:40 AM (CDT)

I am cutting a dock out of plastic and lining the inside with velvet (have a bunch left over from past years) as not to scratch the iPod.  The plastic is clear and I will incorporate a couple of LED’s so when the iPod is docked, the LED’s will light up the dock the same color as the screen back light (or maybe the color of the buttons, not sure).

Posted by lfjlsdjf on September 23, 2004 at 2:52 PM (CDT)

Posted by lfjlsdjf on September 23, 2004 at 2:53 PM (CDT)

Ahh, I see Richard.  I haven’t played with LEGOs since I was 13, and those looked like another piece I remember using that was made of plastic.  Good idea tho!  Hope you sell a bunch!

Posted by Legos Rule! on September 24, 2004 at 2:40 PM (CDT)

I like the wall mounted ones the best…but I don’t have anywhere to mount it…But my 2nd favorite is that one!

Posted by Philly on September 24, 2004 at 6:39 PM (CDT)

It’s a shame no one is bidding on these. I guess, like me everyone took at look at these, thought they were really cool then had the sudden realization that they’ve got a ton of Lego in a box under the stairs and built their own.

Oh and just a personal side note: Referring to any volume of Lego as “Legos” should be a bi*ch slapable offense! But please don’t let this remark over run this thread.

Posted by pr10n on September 25, 2004 at 9:02 AM (CDT)

I think your absolutely right pr10n. If only I was the only person in the world with lego.

Still, I made those stands at the beginning of the summer to avoid studying, and now Im off to uni realised I need beer money.

Guess it means I wont need to buy presents for my ipod loving friends :)

cheers for all the positive feedback though!

Posted by Richard on September 25, 2004 at 12:11 PM (CDT)

You should upload the stand pics to Lego’s website.

Posted by David on September 26, 2004 at 7:43 AM (CDT)

This also inspired me to build a lego stand for my iPod Mini:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/34257205@N00/tags/ipod/

Posted by Mike on September 29, 2004 at 6:41 AM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2