Levi’s announces first iPod-compatible jeans | iLounge News

Levi’s announces first iPod-compatible jeans

Levi’s has announced a new pair of iPod-ready denim jeans. The RedWire DLX jeans, expected to be available in fall 2006, feature a small built-in iPod cradle “invisibly” housed within a side pocket and a special joystick remote control located in the jeans’ watch pocket.

“Designed for both men and women, the jeans seamlessly integrate iPod plug and play technology giving music enthusiasts the most innovative and fashionable way to enjoy music on the go,” says Levi’s. “The new Levi’s RedWire DLX jeans have been developed to be practical and leading-edge in their aesthetic. A crisp white leather patch and joystick, bluffed back pockets with hidden stitching, and clean minimalist buttons and rivets allude to the iPod’s famously pure design.”

Pricing and photos are not available at this time.

« Mix: AAPL, 32 million iPods, O’Reilly podcasts, Spod

Apple posts Macworld Expo keynote stream »

Comments

Ridiculous….this whole iPod accessory thing has now officially gone WAY TOO FAR.

Posted by jsully1075 on January 10, 2006 at 5:24 PM (CST)

so… where’s a link w/ pictures? i can’t believe this would be something i’d like/pay for, but who knows. what do you do about washing them?

Posted by mdwsta4 on January 10, 2006 at 5:41 PM (CST)

There are way too many iPod “products” on the market already, and most of them detract from the beauty and original intent of the iPod: functional art.
Levi’s should focus on reviving its century and half label to the status it once had, without resorting to lame gimmicks.

Posted by Congo Billy on January 10, 2006 at 6:04 PM (CST)

Not that I will ever buy them, but doesnt it seem a little odd for Levi to be announcing a pair of jeans that you cant even buy for another three quarters of a year?

Does this even qualify as news?

Posted by mike rundle on January 10, 2006 at 6:35 PM (CST)

Cool, a joystick in my pocket!
I may get arrested when I need to change songs!

Posted by robert on January 10, 2006 at 7:09 PM (CST)

“How does it take 9 to 10 months to put a pair of jeans like this out on the market?”

I bet Levi’s still has to figure out how to make this concept actually work.

Posted by Nobody on January 10, 2006 at 7:19 PM (CST)

Is that an iPod in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me? Whoauhuhuhuhuh

Posted by wood on January 10, 2006 at 7:56 PM (CST)

they should place a warning on those jeans.

“remove ipod before washing/drying/ironing.”

my ipod fits well enough into my standard jeans :-)

Posted by daniel rojas on January 10, 2006 at 9:53 PM (CST)

S’cuse me—I’m playing with my joystick.

Sheesh.

Posted by Turd Furguson on January 10, 2006 at 10:52 PM (CST)

April 1st already?  My how time flies.

Posted by Jackie Schimmel on January 10, 2006 at 11:28 PM (CST)

I don’t mind the idea of these at all, as long as the price isn’t rediculous. If there’s a small premium over their normal jeans I can see these doing pretty well. Smarter than iPodded jackets and backpacks anyway.

Any idea on what style jeans Levis are basing them on? Here’s hoping they do a 520 of these…

Posted by Nathan on January 11, 2006 at 1:15 AM (CST)

I only buy Levi’s carpenter jeans because they have the side pockets on *both* sides. The pocket is perfect for my 60Gig ipod 4G. In my car which sits low, however, my devices slide out. I was hoping part of this annoucement included velcro at top, inside the pocket to prevent this. Is anyone from Levis listening?

Posted by klwdallas in Dallas, TX on January 11, 2006 at 11:35 AM (CST)

I have a pair of the Dockers mobie pants, which has two secret compartments on each pants leg, with a hidden zipper.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on January 11, 2006 at 12:09 PM (CST)

This is pretty hilarious…

how do you plan on washing these components?
i hope they are removable

Posted by Ryan on January 11, 2006 at 2:38 PM (CST)

@klwdallas

Get a needle and thread out you lazy toerag and stitch you own velcro on ;)

Posted by MadBob on January 11, 2006 at 5:51 PM (CST)

My local news in San Francisco mentioned that the iPod Levis would be around the $200 mark!

While I’d love to meet the moron who throws down that much money for a pair of Levis, I think I’ll just stick to just using my $29 (now $50) remote with ipod safely nestled away in the pocket or my more mundane but $25 pair of Levis.

Posted by agentparas on January 12, 2006 at 12:29 AM (CST)

Where the hell do you get a pair of Levis for $25??

Out on this side of the globe, a normal pair of Levis is about au$100-$120 (us$75-90)!

If there iPod levi’s are us$200 - then that is indeed rediculous. I could understand if they were about $50-60 more than a normal pair, but $200 is pretty rediculous.
That said, the amount some people spend on jeans these days can be insane (I’ve seen pairs for $600!!!)

Posted by Nathan on January 12, 2006 at 12:38 AM (CST)

the most flucking stupid and useless thing that has ever been produced! must burn all of them!! mwahhahahaha! >:)

Posted by ehueue on January 12, 2006 at 4:41 AM (CST)

oh my god. oh jesus this is the best pants ever. i would give everything i have got to have one of these marvellous jeans.

p.s.: my email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by cemre berk on January 12, 2006 at 4:42 AM (CST)

I hate Levis jeans.  How about some designer Prada or Polo jeans?  I bet it would be much more pimp than some nasty Levis..

Oh yea!  The article above says, ‘Pricing and photos are now available at this time.’  Should that read, ‘Pricing and photos are NOT available at this time?’  I can’t find any pictures of these jeans anywhere..

Seems like a big typo?

Posted by rmfa on January 12, 2006 at 1:56 PM (CST)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >