Levi’s iPod-compatible jeans spotted | iLounge News

Levi’s iPod-compatible jeans spotted

image

The first photos of Levi’s iPod-ready denim jeans have made their way online. Originally announced in January, the Levi’s RedWire DLX jeans feature a built-in iPod cradle and red strap inside the side pocket, a control pad located on the jeans’ watch pocket, and a set of adjustable earbuds. The jeans are expected to be available this Fall. Pricing has not yet been announced.

Update: We’ve spoken with Levi’s and have been provided with more photos and a retail price. The Levi’s representative said the jeans will go on sale in mid-September and retail for $250. More pictures below.

image

image

« A&E Television Networks now available on iTunes

Logitech Wireless DJ Music System announced »

Comments

you have GOT to be kidding me

Posted by conman86 on August 9, 2006 at 9:46 AM (CDT)

$250 for jeans? Hell no!

I could get like 10 pairs of ‘regular’ jeans for that.

Josh

Posted by Josh Powell in VA on August 9, 2006 at 10:37 AM (CDT)

Levi’s already sells lots of jeans for $200+.  Just not at Sears.  I doubt you will find these jeans at Sears either.

Posted by Travis on August 9, 2006 at 11:23 AM (CDT)

you look like a big tool wearing those jeans.

Posted by Navas on August 9, 2006 at 12:20 PM (CDT)

I think all of the gadgets on the jeans are removable otherwise it would be pretty stupid to not be able to wash your jeans. Well, this idea is just stupid anyway.

Does Apple make a headphone extension with a remote on it? I know the Radio thing comes with one but I don’t need to spend $50 for it.

Like I’ve said before, fasion and Ipods don’t mix very well.

Posted by Jonathan on August 9, 2006 at 1:00 PM (CDT)

“Regular jeans don’t have an iPod cradle or a control pad. Think of it as the Burton jacket….for your butt.”

Do you hear yourself? My god man; get a grip!

Posted by Rick on August 9, 2006 at 1:03 PM (CDT)

The $250 part doesn’t bother me that much (the last time I spent under $100 on jeans, I worked at the store where I bought them…albeit I worked there only for the discount), but I’m a girl and I like designer jeans. Hell I spent more on a pair of Diesel jeans that were half-linen a few years ago, and they didn’t include built-in iPod control. The part that bothers about these pants, however, is that A) they don’t look, from the initial photos, attractive enough to warrant the price. B) the cord retractor looks lame/bulky. Of course, if that is detachable, and the jeans are good looking/fitting, the concept anyway, is actually pretty cool.

Posted by Film Girl on August 9, 2006 at 3:42 PM (CDT)

Has anyone considered (esp. in high crime areas) how high profile the controls are? These are a blaring “I can drop $250 on jeans and am most likely carrying a $300-$400 iPod in them” advertisment.

Posted by Benji on August 9, 2006 at 4:54 PM (CDT)

At $250 a pop I’m wondering why Levi included room for both legs with these jeans. Perhaps the matching shirt has only one sleeve?

Posted by Chris on August 9, 2006 at 5:21 PM (CDT)

Given all the built in stuff, can you wash them?

Posted by Jing on August 9, 2006 at 9:42 PM (CDT)

how do u wash them

why do you need ipod pants?... and at 250 dollars

Posted by KOOBAZI on August 10, 2006 at 12:47 PM (CDT)

I can’t wait for the “white” jean version to come out

Posted by pmelly on August 10, 2006 at 3:51 PM (CDT)

first of all, spending over $100 for jeans is not unreasonable these days but it is highly dubious when that $250 is going to a company infamous for being the lone holdout company in Saipan using sweatshop labor.  shame on you levis!

Posted by casper on August 10, 2006 at 4:24 PM (CDT)

Wash them? Why?

If you can afford $250 for a pair of jeans, you can afford to throw them away and buy new ones.

Posted by John on August 10, 2006 at 5:00 PM (CDT)

I like them. I would pay anything for them as Levi jeans are the best quality and last for years, also they are the only good looking and comfortable jeans I have ever owned!

I have a few iPods and I have a strong connection with Apple Computers. This in no way has influenced my opinion on these great jeans! £150+ is the price I pay for Levi’s anyway.

Paul,

Posted by Paul on August 10, 2006 at 6:06 PM (CDT)

$ 250 for a jeans, i will never pay for that, come on Levis, we just need a pair of jeans with fitted space pocket for diferent kind of Ipods and i´m glad to pay 50 bucks no more. Who need extra controls in jeans for ipod? or maybe Microsoft design this product?. Please focus in made good jeans, and what´s next? A jeans DVD-Compatible, jeans PSP-Compatible? A suggestion, why not install a power plug in jeans?

Posted by Jorge on August 10, 2006 at 6:25 PM (CDT)

Love them. Wanna buy a couple for me and my wife.
With that money we pay US workers that are more expansive than China so we have a fashion tool and help US economy.

Posted by marius marenco on August 15, 2006 at 4:44 AM (CDT)

lovely, i guess lewis is quite out of products. Why didn’t they think of those little kids in poor regions and use their time cleaning the kids up. RAther than create a worthless pair of pants

Posted by Hannah on June 23, 2007 at 5:23 PM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2