Libratone unveils Lounge, Live AirPlay speakers
Libratone has unveiled two new upcoming AirPlay-compatible speaker systems, the Lounge and the Live. The Lounge is designed to work with a TV or home entertainment system thanks to its thin, long body, and features five dedicated amplifiers for up to 150W output, a DSP unit, an eight-inch inverted woofer, two four-inch ceramic midrange drivers, and two one-inch ribbon-based tweeters, a 3.5mm minijack input with optical digital support, FullRoom technology that lets the tweeters and midrange drivers disperse sound both forwards and sideways to provide 360 degree sound, a cashmere wool exterior finish, and compatibility with a dedicated app that lets users adjust the sound via Wi-Fi while playing music over AirPlay. The Libratone Lounge will be available in September and will sell for $1,299.
The Libratone Live is instead very similar in design to the company’s prior Beat wireless speaker, but, like the Lounge, offers AirPlay compatibility, a optical-capable 3.5mm input, 150W of total power thanks to five dedicated amplifiers, a built-in DSP unit, FullRoom acoustic technology, one five-inch bass driver, two three-inch midrange drivers, and two one-inch ribbon-based tweeters. Libratone’s Live system will also be available in September and will sell for $699.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?