Libratone unveils Lounge, Live AirPlay speakers
Libratone has unveiled two new upcoming AirPlay-compatible speaker systems, the Lounge and the Live. The Lounge is designed to work with a TV or home entertainment system thanks to its thin, long body, and features five dedicated amplifiers for up to 150W output, a DSP unit, an eight-inch inverted woofer, two four-inch ceramic midrange drivers, and two one-inch ribbon-based tweeters, a 3.5mm minijack input with optical digital support, FullRoom technology that lets the tweeters and midrange drivers disperse sound both forwards and sideways to provide 360 degree sound, a cashmere wool exterior finish, and compatibility with a dedicated app that lets users adjust the sound via Wi-Fi while playing music over AirPlay. The Libratone Lounge will be available in September and will sell for $1,299.
The Libratone Live is instead very similar in design to the company’s prior Beat wireless speaker, but, like the Lounge, offers AirPlay compatibility, a optical-capable 3.5mm input, 150W of total power thanks to five dedicated amplifiers, a built-in DSP unit, FullRoom acoustic technology, one five-inch bass driver, two three-inch midrange drivers, and two one-inch ribbon-based tweeters. Libratone’s Live system will also be available in September and will sell for $699.
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Parrot announces 13 new Minidrones
- Incipio acquires ClamCase
- Apple issues recall of Beats Pill XL speaker
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- AppleCare+ now covers battery replacement at 80% of original capacity
- Elton John, Pharrell, Dr. Dre, Drake, St. Vincent, others to host Beats 1 shows
- Apps containing Confederate flag pulled from App Store
- Taylor Swift’s ‘1989’ album to stream on Apple Music
- Apple publishes detailed list of Siri HomeKit commands
- Apple to pay 0.2 cents per song during Apple Music free trial
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Monitors
- SwitchEasy Canvas + Rave for iPad Air 2
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?