Limited Edition Star Wars cases released | iLounge News

Limited Edition Star Wars cases released

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Friday, March 10, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageThe Star Wars Shop and XtremeMac have teamed up to launch limited edition 60GB/30GB iPod and iPod nano cases. The 30GB iPod ($29.95) case features Star Wars characters, Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Darth Vadar and Chewbacca rocking out as if in a rock band. The iPod nano ($24.95) case features Stormtroopers attacking. The cases are available for pre-order and will ship sometime in March.

« Mix: Sopranos, Podfitness, SanDisk, Denon

Koyono iPod-ready outerwear available for order »

Comments

Those are hideous!

Posted by Trekkie on March 10, 2006 at 6:59 PM (PDT)

Are you kidding? That’s only like the most beautiful case I’ve ever seen!!! I’m SO getting one!!!!

Posted by Xtreme Star Wars Fan on March 10, 2006 at 8:03 PM (PDT)

“Oh no…I feel the power of the Dark Side compelling to lift out my VISA card from the darkest recesses of my wallet.”

Well I would’ve, too, if the ‘Star’ property had been the right one. It’s a good thing I’m a Trekkie more than a Lucaslave.

Now that I’ve cleared that up, it’s time to get back to Empires At War...

Posted by flatline response on March 11, 2006 at 2:33 AM (PDT)

Umm… excuse me, the mane of that game is Emipre At War. =D

I wish they had made them for those other Lix cases cuz those looked sweeeeet. Anybody have some good stuff about the Xtreme Mac ones to persuade me? I really love the look of this case!!

Posted by Xtreme Star Wars Fan on March 11, 2006 at 7:50 AM (PDT)

Strong with the dark side these cases are.

Posted by Hrothgar on March 11, 2006 at 8:19 AM (PDT)

FOR GEEEEEEEEEEEEKSSS!!!!!!!!

Posted by jaque custurde on March 11, 2006 at 3:52 PM (PDT)

You say that like it’s a bad thing!

Posted by phennphawcks on March 11, 2006 at 4:05 PM (PDT)

Nothing for 4g iPods or iPod Minis.

Posted by FloydC on March 11, 2006 at 4:44 PM (PDT)

Hey, it’s exclusive, what can ya do?

Posted by Werewolf on March 11, 2006 at 8:08 PM (PDT)

...excuse me, the mane of that game is Emipre At War

Killjoy. What’s an ‘s’ between stormtroopers? (it also might’ve help your point had you spellchecked your comeback…just a thought).

Posted by flatline response on March 11, 2006 at 9:47 PM (PDT)

ITS STILL 4 GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by jaque custourde on March 12, 2006 at 5:21 AM (PDT)

I like the fact that Xtreme Star Wars fan pointed out the spelling of ‘Empire At War’ was wrong but spelt ‘name’ wrong. That was funny.

Posted by Mondayne on March 12, 2006 at 6:26 AM (PDT)

Nope, wait, someone already pointed that out. Now it ME who looks like an idiot. Nevermind.

Posted by Mondayne on March 12, 2006 at 6:26 AM (PDT)

i seriously can’t win this one, and my attempts to recover are only making it worse, yes yes, I missed the apostrophe and ‘s’ after ‘it’ in that comment above. But don’t worry, there will surely be a mistake in this comment too. I shut up now.

Posted by Mondayne on March 12, 2006 at 6:29 AM (PDT)

Gee, we’re all idiots aren’t we? I always spell check… I can’t believe the one time I don’t I’m correcting somebody and they notice. lmao

No offense flatline, but you missed that smiley face after my correction clearly showing that it was a friendly remark. Your crabby response to my sloppy typing was not needed.

But hey, we’re all idiots I figured I’d just take it to the next level.

Actually this reminds me of a forum I was on a while ago. All of the people were constantly attacking eachother. I ended up leaving.

Posted by Xtreme Star Wars Fan on March 12, 2006 at 7:15 AM (PDT)

hey, it’s just the internet folks. spelling mistakes rarely affect the point of the comment, and pointing them out just offends people. so don’t sweat it.

as for that case. what a hilarious image! never knew luke and friends had a band.

Posted by nick on March 12, 2006 at 1:15 PM (PDT)

I kinda like Star Wars, but in no way am I a fanboy…

BUT

these cases look FRIKKIN cool! If I WERE a fanboy, I would most certainly get one (or two, or three)!

Posted by ahMEmon on March 12, 2006 at 1:24 PM (PDT)

The Rockin’ Out art is from an old issue of Star Wars insider..
NOW how’s that for a fanboy? I remember my buddy bringing in the issues when he was subscribing to them.
These cases look cool..but not cool enough for the price they want.

Posted by SWFan on March 12, 2006 at 1:42 PM (PDT)

I have nano but I actually like the Rock Band image better. It has more personality and is more interesting to look at.

P.S. Where’s all the iPod news?

Posted by Werewolf on March 12, 2006 at 6:58 PM (PDT)

is it just me..or does it seem like you guys dont update as much as you do..but when you do, we get alot ooof news…but i miss coming here everyday and seeing something new!! smile

Posted by Jesse on March 12, 2006 at 10:30 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >