LinkedIn releases revamped iOS app, debuts Mobile Site
LinkedIn has released a completely rewritten version of its iPhone and iPod touch application with a new user interface design focused on speed and simplicity. Promising improvements of up to ten times more speed across all features, the app has also been reorganized around four key areas: Updates, Inbox, You and Groups & More simplifying navigation and making it easier for users to find what they are looking for. The Updates section provides a single unified view of all updates from the user’s network and news from LinkedIn Today, while the Inbox and You sections allow the user to quickly view their invitations, private messages, personal profile information and connections.
Version 4.0 also introduces access to LinkedIn Groups from the mobile app, allowing users to easily access any groups that they are a member of and follow and participate in discussions within those groups from the mobile app. In addition to the update to its iOS application, LinkedIn is also introducing a new HTML5 based Mobile Web site for iOS devices, with a preview available now at touch.linkedin.com. The application, LinkedIn 4.0 requires iOS 4.0 or later and is available from the App Store as a free download.
- An Octave Higher, Broken Age, Week Weather, Apple Store, Amazon Instant Video + more
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- OpenTV sues Apple for alleged patent infringement
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?