Linux: Rhythmbox 0.7.1 released
Rhythmbox is an integrated music management application, originally inspired by Apple’s iTunes. It is free software, designed to work well under the GNOME Desktop, and based on the powerful GStreamer media framework, or the Xine framework. Now supports iPod, which is still experimental. See README.iPod for more information.
What’s new in this version:
- Initial iPod support (see README.iPod) [Christophe Fergeau]
- Ignore files with unknown MIME types [Colin Walters]
- Support for Rating criteria in automatic playlists [Colin Walters]
- Disc number tags [Christophe Fergeau]
- Per-song automatic rating is now configurable [Michael Terry]
- Improved multiselection dialog [Colin Walters]
- Fix GStreamer configure checks [Christophe Fergeau, Colin Walters]
- Use weighted random algorithm when using Shuffle+Repeat [Jeffrey Yasskin]
- Remove Bonobo statusbar for now [Colin Walters]
- Disable "Browse by…" context menu if browser isn’t enabled [Colin Walters]
- Some state saving: search text, selected source [Colin Walters]
- Use GtkFileChooser in startup druid too [Christophe Fergeau, Colin Walters]
- Add audioconvert in pipeline [Colin Walters]
- Don’t do prelighting on ratings (avoids theme color issues) [Colin Walters]
- Actually save library if it didn’t exist before [Christophe Fergeau]
- Use GAtomic if available [Christophe Fergeau]
- Improved Xing header parsing [Christophe Fergeau]
- Improved duration reading using GStreamer [Christophe Fergeau]
- Fix flac configury [[email protected]]
- Don’t set sink to NULL to avoid pausing issue [Colin Walters]
- Fix occasional deadlock on startup [Colin Walters]
- Other various bugfixes
- GNOME, with GTK+ at least 2.2.
- An audio backend - you can use either
GStreamer or Xine. If you use
GStreamer, you will also need the following plugins:
- An output sink such as osssink, alsasink, or esdsink
- For MP3 support, you will need libid3tag from the MAD project. In addition, if you’re using the GStreamer backend, you will need the mad plugin.
- For Ogg Vorbis support, you will need libvorbis from the Ogg Vorbis project. GStreamer users will need the vorbisfile plugin.
- Likewise for FLAC support, you will need libflac. GStreamer users will also need the flacdec plugin.
- Bell Canada fined $1.25 million for posting of fake App Store reviews
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Google launches Google Music Family Plan
- Daimler CEO open to future Apple partnership
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?