Linux: Rhythmbox 0.7.1 released
Rhythmbox is an integrated music management application, originally inspired by Apple’s iTunes. It is free software, designed to work well under the GNOME Desktop, and based on the powerful GStreamer media framework, or the Xine framework. Now supports iPod, which is still experimental. See README.iPod for more information.
What’s new in this version:
- Initial iPod support (see README.iPod) [Christophe Fergeau]
- Ignore files with unknown MIME types [Colin Walters]
- Support for Rating criteria in automatic playlists [Colin Walters]
- Disc number tags [Christophe Fergeau]
- Per-song automatic rating is now configurable [Michael Terry]
- Improved multiselection dialog [Colin Walters]
- Fix GStreamer configure checks [Christophe Fergeau, Colin Walters]
- Use weighted random algorithm when using Shuffle+Repeat [Jeffrey Yasskin]
- Remove Bonobo statusbar for now [Colin Walters]
- Disable "Browse by…" context menu if browser isn’t enabled [Colin Walters]
- Some state saving: search text, selected source [Colin Walters]
- Use GtkFileChooser in startup druid too [Christophe Fergeau, Colin Walters]
- Add audioconvert in pipeline [Colin Walters]
- Don’t do prelighting on ratings (avoids theme color issues) [Colin Walters]
- Actually save library if it didn’t exist before [Christophe Fergeau]
- Use GAtomic if available [Christophe Fergeau]
- Improved Xing header parsing [Christophe Fergeau]
- Improved duration reading using GStreamer [Christophe Fergeau]
- Fix flac configury [[email protected]]
- Don’t set sink to NULL to avoid pausing issue [Colin Walters]
- Fix occasional deadlock on startup [Colin Walters]
- Other various bugfixes
- GNOME, with GTK+ at least 2.2.
- An audio backend - you can use either
GStreamer or Xine. If you use
GStreamer, you will also need the following plugins:
- An output sink such as osssink, alsasink, or esdsink
- For MP3 support, you will need libid3tag from the MAD project. In addition, if you’re using the GStreamer backend, you will need the mad plugin.
- For Ogg Vorbis support, you will need libvorbis from the Ogg Vorbis project. GStreamer users will need the vorbisfile plugin.
- Likewise for FLAC support, you will need libflac. GStreamer users will also need the flacdec plugin.
- Microsoft to bring Cortana to iOS
- iPhone theft decline attributed to Activation Lock feature
- Corning developing new sapphire-like Gorilla Glass
- Tony Fadell to oversee restructured Google Glass project
- Bluetooth SIG announces Bluetooth 4.2
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?