Linux: Rhythmbox 0.7.1 released
Rhythmbox is an integrated music management application, originally inspired by Apple’s iTunes. It is free software, designed to work well under the GNOME Desktop, and based on the powerful GStreamer media framework, or the Xine framework. Now supports iPod, which is still experimental. See README.iPod for more information.
What’s new in this version:
- Initial iPod support (see README.iPod) [Christophe Fergeau]
- Ignore files with unknown MIME types [Colin Walters]
- Support for Rating criteria in automatic playlists [Colin Walters]
- Disc number tags [Christophe Fergeau]
- Per-song automatic rating is now configurable [Michael Terry]
- Improved multiselection dialog [Colin Walters]
- Fix GStreamer configure checks [Christophe Fergeau, Colin Walters]
- Use weighted random algorithm when using Shuffle+Repeat [Jeffrey Yasskin]
- Remove Bonobo statusbar for now [Colin Walters]
- Disable "Browse by…" context menu if browser isn’t enabled [Colin Walters]
- Some state saving: search text, selected source [Colin Walters]
- Use GtkFileChooser in startup druid too [Christophe Fergeau, Colin Walters]
- Add audioconvert in pipeline [Colin Walters]
- Don’t do prelighting on ratings (avoids theme color issues) [Colin Walters]
- Actually save library if it didn’t exist before [Christophe Fergeau]
- Use GAtomic if available [Christophe Fergeau]
- Improved Xing header parsing [Christophe Fergeau]
- Improved duration reading using GStreamer [Christophe Fergeau]
- Fix flac configury [[email protected]]
- Don’t set sink to NULL to avoid pausing issue [Colin Walters]
- Fix occasional deadlock on startup [Colin Walters]
- Other various bugfixes
- GNOME, with GTK+ at least 2.2.
- An audio backend - you can use either
GStreamer or Xine. If you use
GStreamer, you will also need the following plugins:
- An output sink such as osssink, alsasink, or esdsink
- For MP3 support, you will need libid3tag from the MAD project. In addition, if you’re using the GStreamer backend, you will need the mad plugin.
- For Ogg Vorbis support, you will need libvorbis from the Ogg Vorbis project. GStreamer users will need the vorbisfile plugin.
- Likewise for FLAC support, you will need libflac. GStreamer users will also need the flacdec plugin.
- Daimler CEO open to future Apple partnership
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Facebook planning Apple Music competitor? (Update: No)
- T-Mobile’s ‘Mobile without Borders’ offers Canada, Mexico coverage for no extra cost
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Retrial for damages in Apple patent case set for March or April
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?