Listen to iPod and cellphone at the same time | iLounge News

Listen to iPod and cellphone at the same time

Want to listen to your iPod and your cellphone using one headset? MacMinute reports that Skullcandy, makers of cellphone headsets has released a hands free headset which will allow you to switch from cellphone to audio input, vice-versa or listen to both at the same time.

“When a call is received, you can either eliminate the music entirely, or simply                         reduce the music volume with the inline music control on the LINK console - listen to both the music and the call at the same time!”

« Refurbished iPod 20GB for $399

Mac: PodWriter 2.2b1 Released »

Comments

nice, they look good have 2 uses cell and music and are quite cheap at 29.99 I wonder if the sound quality is lacking though

Posted by Fusen in UK on March 31, 2003 at 1:29 PM (CST)

I wish they made a module where you could plug your own headphones.  iPod people tend to like etymocs and Sony nudes and might not go for cheaper headphones.

Posted by Alric on March 31, 2003 at 5:48 PM (CST)

From Skullcandy Product Designer: You and about 6000 other guys want the same thing… so we have it available in about 4 weeks (about May 1). For guys that don’t want to wait that long… Buy an existing unit now (which sound friggin great, by the way) and we’ll sell you the new Jacked unit for 1/2 price when they are in. This unit lets you plug in any pair of headphones you want, and Link your ipod with any cellphone.
                                                    smokin.

Posted by skullcandy rick in park city, ut on April 2, 2003 at 12:09 PM (CST)

I have this unit, and it is the coolest thing I’ve bought since I got my IPOD.  I was religious about taking my IPOD with me everywhere I went once I got it.  how could I deny myself access to my entire music collection at all times ;-)  now, I listen to it even more than before, since there is never a chance of me missing an important call.  I’m jammin to tunes on the headphones which give good quality sound.  not cheap, but not audiophilic.  better than average.  anyhow, the phone rings, I lower the music on the ILINK and press the button (both can be done with one finger) take my call, then resume my music ;-)  you can turn the music all the way off (volume all the way down) or just turn it down during your call.  volume control and answering/hanging up phone can be done without touching either the IPOD or phone.  all is done from the button and dial on the ILINK.  I suggest you pick one of these up.  if you’re tech savvy enough to appreciate the IPOD, you’ll love the skullcandy rig!!

Posted by ad3 on April 6, 2003 at 6:39 PM (CDT)

ad3:

Just for future reference, don’t spell the word iPod in all caps like IPOD. That is not the correct way and it looks like some cheap PC acronym or something. Thanks!

Posted by kainjow on April 9, 2003 at 10:30 AM (CDT)

Question time!
What is the “Unit” called where you can plug your own headphones called?
What colours are available?
Dimensions?
When exactly will it be out?
Does SkullCandy ship to UK or is there a dealer in UK?
If someone answers these questions, that person is a living legend.

Im not English, but I love in England, so dont discriminate against me, plus its not nice to discriminate against any race, name, or appearance.

Posted by Fridgelid on May 16, 2008 at 10:21 AM (CDT)