Live from 2012’s CES: Key new Apple products, Part 1: Ferrari, FiberShell, iDevices, Incipio + More
We’re live from the floor at the 2012 CES, and there’s an overwhelmingly huge collection of new Apple accessories and apps on display. Rather than saturating you with thousands of new products, we’re going to focus on the big new debuts: things that are catching our Editors’ attention and really making a dent in the Apple ecosystems.
One of the most striking booths we’ve seen thus far is the Ferrari + Logic3 partnership, which has launched a large collection of gorgeous-looking headphones and speakers with Ferrari branding and styling. Half of the collection is devoted to Ferrari’s pro racing vehicles, and the other half to consumer cars, each with distinctive design touches including metal grilles and logos, leather accents, and other premium finishes. The headphones start at around $125 and climb from there, with speakers ranging up to a 250-watt $750 model with AirPlay, Bluetooth, and promised power in the multiples of Bowers & Wilkins’ Zeppelin Series. Lower-end speakers drop the wireless features and wattage, with $400-$500 prices.
FiberShell is showing both its iPhone 3-D printed cases and handsome new MacBook versions.
iDevices is showing a shower-mounted Bluetooth speaker system called iShower that promises to allow users to hear iPod, iPhone, or iPad music—safely—while washing off.
Incipio is previewing the world’s first active suspension case, here made for the fragile glass iPhone 4/4S. The case uses a special compressing and expanding foam to provide anti-shock, anti-drop protection for the iPhone; different styles and colors will emphasize the foam element inside the case’s core.
LightSpeed is demonstrating a complete point of sale system for businesses, featuring Mac and iOS-powered apps that let a store manage inventory and transactions with Apple-like design sensibilities.
MacLocks has a large collection of different iPad security kiosk systems in different styles, enabling the iPad and iPad 2 to be used safely in businesses without fear of theft.
Our growing photo gallery from the show is available here. Much larger photographs are available there!
- Dec. 20 deadline for CES Best of Show Submissions
- Lightning developer leaves Apple, redesigns Square Reader
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Mophie debuts Powerstation XL battery pack
- Kicker intros Amphitheater K3 Speaker, Vapor headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Beyoncé releases new ‘visual album’ on iTunes
- U.S. carriers to make unlocking phones easier
- New iPad models poll ends, Screen Protector poll begins
- Apple says factory conditions unrelated to worker’s death
- Apps: Angry Birds Go, GTA: San Andreas, The Room 2 + Sonic 2 3.0
- Samsung denied Apple ban in S. Korea
- Apple TV adds ABC, Bloomberg, Crackle, KORTV
- AT&T CEO: Bye, device subsidies, hello financing
- Apple hires radio exec for iTunes Radio
- Apps: 12 Days of Gifts, The Animal Alphabet Singers, Drawing Together + FIFA
- Spigen SGP Tough Armor for iPad mini
- Audio-Technica ATH-CKX9iS SonicFuel In-Ear Headphones
- Kanex Foldable iDevice Stand
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- Belkin APEX360 Advanced Protection Case for iPad mini
- STM Grip 2 for iPad Air
- CM4 Slite Card Case for iPhone 5c
- Newer Technology NuGuard KX for iPad Air + iPad mini
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store