Live from 2012’s CES: Key new Apple products, Part 1: Ferrari, FiberShell, iDevices, Incipio + More
We’re live from the floor at the 2012 CES, and there’s an overwhelmingly huge collection of new Apple accessories and apps on display. Rather than saturating you with thousands of new products, we’re going to focus on the big new debuts: things that are catching our Editors’ attention and really making a dent in the Apple ecosystems.
One of the most striking booths we’ve seen thus far is the Ferrari + Logic3 partnership, which has launched a large collection of gorgeous-looking headphones and speakers with Ferrari branding and styling. Half of the collection is devoted to Ferrari’s pro racing vehicles, and the other half to consumer cars, each with distinctive design touches including metal grilles and logos, leather accents, and other premium finishes. The headphones start at around $125 and climb from there, with speakers ranging up to a 250-watt $750 model with AirPlay, Bluetooth, and promised power in the multiples of Bowers & Wilkins’ Zeppelin Series. Lower-end speakers drop the wireless features and wattage, with $400-$500 prices.
FiberShell is showing both its iPhone 3-D printed cases and handsome new MacBook versions.
iDevices is showing a shower-mounted Bluetooth speaker system called iShower that promises to allow users to hear iPod, iPhone, or iPad music—safely—while washing off.
Incipio is previewing the world’s first active suspension case, here made for the fragile glass iPhone 4/4S. The case uses a special compressing and expanding foam to provide anti-shock, anti-drop protection for the iPhone; different styles and colors will emphasize the foam element inside the case’s core.
LightSpeed is demonstrating a complete point of sale system for businesses, featuring Mac and iOS-powered apps that let a store manage inventory and transactions with Apple-like design sensibilities.
MacLocks has a large collection of different iPad security kiosk systems in different styles, enabling the iPad and iPad 2 to be used safely in businesses without fear of theft.
Our growing photo gallery from the show is available here. Much larger photographs are available there!
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- InCarBite, Marshall/Urbanears + Peri
- Kanex, Macally, Oaxis + Standzout
- Lenmar, Lynktec, PhoneSuit + WeeGo
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?