Live from 2012’s CES: Key new Apple products, Part 3: AirStash, BulletTrain, Moshi + More
Today is the first day of the 2012 International CES, and the iLounge Pavilion is full of activity! Here are just a few of the new products that caught our eye.
AirStash is showing off the newest version of its Wi-Fi flash drive device. It uses an SD card for storage—packages are available with either 8GB or 16GB cards—and can stream files to iOS devices. This includes, photos, music, iTunes-protected videos, and more. Up to three devices can connect at a time, and battery life is specced at seven hours of continuous SD video playback. The smaller capacity version is priced at $150, and the larger costs $180.
We wrote about BulletTrain’s Express a few weeks ago on iLounge+Mac, but the company has updated the accessory in time for a March release. Now, instead of aluminum, the Magic Trackpad and Wireless Keyboard holder is made of plastic. This allows for a better clip system and new colors too. The silver version will cost $80 when it’s released, while the colored versions will retail for $100. BulletTrain also announced a partnership with MusicSkins, who while be offering all of its designs for the Express.
Celluon is demonstrating two projection keyboards accessories compatible iOS devices. Magic Cube is a standalone block that connects over Bluetooth. It projects a keyboard onto any surface, allowing you to type without needing a dedicated physical keyboard. The retail price is $170. Prodigy creates the same kind of keyboard, but is built into an iPhone 4/4S case along with a 2,000mAh battery. When it comes time to type, a stand folds out of the back of the case.
Moshi has introduced Luna, it’s new light up Mac and PC keyboard. Jutting out from the bottom and sides is a clear plastic sheet that makes it larger, but provides the cool glowing effect. It has a full number pad on the right, and connect over USB. Luna will sell for $100.
We were very impressed with the look of PKG’s gorgeous new iPhone, iPad, and Mac cases and bags, including its Black Crown collection. It’s all made of leather and built to last. There are a number of different options, including sleeves for every size of Apple’s notebooks computers. The price reflects the quality the company is trying to convey; a simple sleeve costs $350.
Pure Gear is on hand to show off its PureTek Roll-On Screen Shield Kit for iPhone 4/4S ($20). The package actually transforms into an applicator, making it easier to get the included screen film on squarely and without bubbles.
Sculpteo is demonstrating its 3D Printing Sculpteo Design Maker app for iPhone and iPad. The app allows the user take a picture or enter other information, and use that to purchase custom 3D printed vases, mugs, and more; each is one of a kind. Once ordered, they’re shipped directly from the company.
While we’re not sure how practical it is, the design of ePure by Swissvoice really stood out. Selling for $199, it’s a docking station for the iPhone that includes a Bluetooth wireless phone handset that can double as a music speaker. A number of colors will be available, and there’s also a version without the dock.
- Zagg to acquire Mophie for $100 million
- Apple issues voluntary recall for certain AC wall plug adapters
- CES: CableJive, Macally + Puregear
- Report: Apple developing new cord-free Beats earphones
- CES: Just Mobile, Parrot, Tylt + Zagg
- CES: Edifier, Jaybird, Kanex, Phiaton, Phonesuit + Sphero
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Apple acquires security company LegbaCore
- Zagg to acquire Mophie for $100 million
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!