Live from 2012’s CES: Key new Apple products, Part 2: OWC, iSkin, Geneva Labs + more
Other World Computing (OWC) is here at CES showing its well-known line of SSD and Mac expansion products, among them its new miniStack Max expansion unit for the Mac Mini. Building on last year’s miniStack, the new Max version adds an optical drive and SD card slot to the front while maintaining the same general industrial design to match Apple’s recent Mac Mini models. The miniStack Max also includes internal hard drive storage available in capacities of up to 4TB and in integrated USB 3.0/2.0, FireWire 400/800 and eSATA hub.
iSkin is expanding its Q-West line this year into a wider range of fashionable bags and cases. Going forward, the company is taking a more boutique approach, focusing on fashion trends in its product designs.
Geneva Labs is showing its usual lineup of high-end home audio systems, joined by a new portable travel speaker, the Geneva XS. Including an FM clock radio, line-in and Bluetooth support, the Geneva XS provides up to 3 hours of audio playback on a single charge, collapses into a built-in case and includes a travel bag.
Hard Candy Cases has several new case designs to show; Gumdrop cases is showing its newest Drop Tech ultra-protective case.
Our growing photo gallery from the show is available here. Much larger photographs are available here!
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards announced
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
- Monday at CES: 25 new previews
- Sunday at CES: 20 new Apple accessory previews worth seeing
- iLounge is live at the 2014 CES: follow us at CES.iLounge.com!
- Dec. 20 deadline for CES Best of Show Submissions
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks