Localscope adds Wikipedia, CitySearch
Cynapse has released an update to Localscope adding support for new location information sources and refinements to existing Google Places integration. Localscope is a location browser for the iPhone that allows users to explore the area around them for people, places, photos and other information collected from multiple search engines and social networks. Localscope allows users to search manually or look up information for what is around them, including geo-tagged photos and videos and points of interest, view results on a map, share that information with their friends and even integrate with many third-party navigation apps to get directions. Information is aggregated from a variety of sources including Google Local and Places, Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Panoramio, Flickr, Picasa, Bing and several others.
The latest update adds Wikipedia and CitySearch to the list of information sources, allowing users to discover landmarks, historical locations and other points of interest from Wikipedia and find restaurants, local business and services using the Citigrid yellow pages info base. The new version also brings back Google Local search in tandem with the Google Places introduces in the last update, allowing users to choose the best of the two Google services for their own particular needs. Three new pre-defined search terms have also been added for Lawyers, Plumbers and Bakeries along with new and improved icons and updated Facebook API integration. Localscope requires iOS 4.3 or later and is available from the App Store for $2.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards