Localscope adds Yelp, new navigation app support
Cynapse has updated Localscope adding Yelp as a new information source and expanding third-party GPS integration for getting directions to a location. Localscope allows users to explore the area around them for people, places, photos and other information aggregated from multiple search engines and social networks. Users can manually or look up information in their nearby area including geo-tagged photos and videos and points of interest and then view those results on a map, share with their friends or get turn-by-turn driving directions from a supported third-party GPS app. Information is aggregated from a variety of sources including Google Local and Places, Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Panoramio, Flickr, Picasa, Bing and several others.
Version 2.4 adds Yelp to the list of existing information sources for users in the U.S., Canada, Australia, the U.K. and Western Europe, greatly expanding the local search options with businesses from one of the world’s largest online local search services. In addition, users of Telenav and MotionX GPS HD can also now use those apps to get turn-by-turn directions to any discovered location. The update also improves Flickr results and removes support for the now-discontinued Fwix service. The release notes also indicate that this is the last version of Localscope that will provide support for iOS 4.3, with the next update requiring iOS 5.0 or later, and recommends that users install this update for a “smooth transition to future versions.” Localscope is available from the App Store as a free download.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?