Logitech debuts new portable speaker systems
Logitech has introduced two new portable speakers systems—one specifically designed for use with the iPod and one for any MP3 player.
The mm50 iPod speaker system uses Max-X high-excursion drivers, which include neodymium magnets and three inch pressure drivers, to provide “fully balanced audio, maximum bass response and minimal distortion.” The mm50 features a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that lasts up to 10 hours, and you can simultaneously recharge the iPod battery and speaker battery when powered by the included AC adapter. The system works with any iPod with a Dock Connector port and also comes with a travel case and a wireless remote control. The mm50 will ship in September for $149.99.
Logitech’s mm28 portable speaker system features an ultra-thin design and can be used with the iPod and any other device with a standard 3.5mm audio jack. Measuring less than 1.25-inches thin, the mm28 speakers use stereo NXT flat-panel technology that produces “rich tones and lush bass.” The speaker system can be powered by either the included AC adapter or by four AA batteries—it can last up to 45 hours on a single set of batteries. The mm28 will be available in September for $79.99.
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Philips debuts first Lightning connector headphones, Fidelio M2L
- Video Review: Waterproof Grace Digital Ecostone and iHome iBN6 speakers
- Withings unveils Home video monitor
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iPad mini 3 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iPad Air 2 Control Center features separate mute and rotation buttons
- GT Advanced announces settlement with Apple
- iPad Air 2 ships with 10W power adapter
- Olloclip debuts 4-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
- iFixit posts iPad Air 2 teardown
- Apple Pay Bank of America customers experiencing double-charges
- iPad Air 2 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- Apple’s new Maps Connect lets businesses manage listings, request iBeacon indoor mapping
- Apple reportedly begins in-store sales of iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0