Logitech launches Pure-Fi iPod speaker systems | iLounge News

Logitech launches Pure-Fi iPod speaker systems

image

Logitech has introduced its new Pure-Fi line of iPod speaker systems. The first two systems in the lineup are the Pure-Fi Anywhere, a remake of the popular mm50 system, and the Pure-Fi Dream, an entirely new system designed for the bedroom. The Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere offers one-touch access to shuffle and repeat functions, a wireless remote control, 2-inch Max-X active drivers, a 10-hour rechargeable lithium-ion battery, a battery-life indicator, an integrated Universal Dock, a protective travel case, and an AC adapter with integrated cable management. It works with all Dock-connecting iPods, and will sell for $150 when it is released in September.

imageThe Logitech Pure-Fi Dream Bedroom Music System features one-button access to six iPod playlists, six AM and 12 FM radio stations, easy access to the iPod’s shuffle and repeat functions, motion-activated backlit controls, and an auto-adjusting LCD that automatically dims at night and shows track/song/artist information from iPod tracks and RDS data from radio stations. Other features include dual alarms with battery backup, motion snooze alarm that responds to a wave of the hand, a digital AM/FM radio, a backlit remote control with snooze buttons, 3/4-inch dome tweeters and 3-inch long-throw woofers, and an integrated iPod Dock. The Pure-Fi Dream is priced at $250; it will be available in November.

« Survey: Early iPhone adopters very satisfied

Eighth iPhone television ad appears online [updated] »

Comments

waiting for your review ...

Posted by gonzalo on August 16, 2007 at 9:55 AM (CDT)

I am a big advocate of Logitech products, having a wireless desktop at work, a Z-5500 system in my bedroom, a Harmony 880 remote, and two Audiostation Express speakers that I just bought this week from newegg for the low, low price of $40. Their products have always served me well, and unlike a lot of accessory manufacturers, they don’t skimp on details or quality.

That said, I’m really surprised that they introduced two attractive new offerings to their line of iPod speakers without a “Works with iPhone” designation. That would have been a big selling point to me, but if the airplane mode nag screen pops up every time I dock it, that’s just an annoyance.

Otherwise, these look terrific, and if they are anything like the Logitech speakers I already own, they’ll sound great, too.

Posted by Flippy Hambone on August 16, 2007 at 10:40 AM (CDT)

in logitech web, the pure fi dream is priced at 299 dollars.

Posted by gonzalo on August 16, 2007 at 2:23 PM (CDT)

sorry 249,99

Posted by gonzalo on August 16, 2007 at 6:30 PM (CDT)

I’ve been loving the mm50 for six months, nice to have sound improvements and increase to 10 hr charge, not to mention a case that also holds the AC adapter. I’ll get on for $150!

Posted by borlandi on August 18, 2007 at 8:39 PM (CDT)

I bought it at ebay, NEW for only $110. Ilove also my Harman Kardon GO+ Play, i put it in my car…It sounds better than the 7 speakers system Alpine!!!

Posted by angelito in Qu├ębec, Canada on September 10, 2007 at 6:48 AM (CDT)

I just bought one at Best Buy at $149.  The AC adapter is sized to nestle within the iPod’s space for packing - nice design!

Still charging, haven’t tried it yet.

Posted by michael on September 13, 2007 at 5:01 PM (CDT)