Logitech UE debuts quad-driver UE 900, on-ears, speakers
Logitech UE has announced seven new products for the iPhone, iPad and iPod, including its first pair of universal fit quadruple-driver in-ear headphones. The Logitech UE 900 noise-isolating earphones ($400) come equipped with four armature speakers per ear, as well as two detachable cables — one with an Apple mic and three-button remote control — that can be swapped out for a standard cable. Logitech UE notes that the four drivers are used for accurate high-end, low-end, and midrange reproduction, with extra bass power. Five sets of silicone ear tips and three Comply foam tips are included with the new earphones, which will be available in September.
The company also unveiled three large headphones: the base model Logitech UE 4000 ($100) is the first ever on-ear Ultimate Ears model, while the larger Logitech UE 6000 ($200) is its first over-ear model; both are wired, with integrated Apple three-button remotes and microphones. A deluxe $400 model called Logitech UE 9000is similar in design to the 6000, but includes Bluetooth wireless support, on-ear controls, and a detachable cable. All three models use 40mm drivers, and are shipping now.
Three new Logitech UE speakers debuted as well, though two are somewhat familiar. Most unique is the Logitech UE Boombox ($250), a die-cast aluminum and stainless steel speaker with ruggedized rubber padding. Similar to the company’s award-winning Logitech Wireless Boombox, eight drivers are inside this model, including two 0.5” tweeters, two 3” woofers, and four 2 5/8” passive bass radiators. Bluetooth promises wireless broadcasting from up to 50 feet away. Up to eight Bluetooth-enabled devices can connect to the speaker, and three devices can connect at the same time. Logitech UE Boombox features a six- to ten-hour rechargeable battery, depending on volume.
Also new is the Logitech UE Mobile Boombox ($100), a tiny plastic unit with five different color schemes and two 1” drivers. Similar to Logitech’s earlier, OEM-designed Mini Boombox, the Mobile Boombox is built for simplicity, featuring three buttons, a 10-hour rechargeable battery, and a promised Bluetooth range of up to 50 feet. Finally, the company is rebranding the three-year-old Squeezebox Radio as the Logitech UE Smart Radio ($180), including a formerly optional six-hour rechargeable battery inside, and offering a free iOS controller app for wireless access to its features.
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Philips introduces dimmer remote kit for Hue lights
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Report: iPad Pro to be official name of large iPad, more details revealed
- Mozilla begins rollout of Firefox for iOS preview
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Divoom AuraBox Bluetooth Speaker
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?