LogMeIn releases free basic version, updates Ignition
Popular remote desktop service LogMeIn has released a new free version of its remote control app for iOS devices. LogMeIn is a free service that allows users to easily access their PC or Mac remotely from another computer via a web browser without requiring advanced configuration of proxies and firewalls. Although the basic computer-to-computer service has always been free, the company’s original iOS application, LogMeIn Ignition provided more advanced features from the iOS platform and sold on the App Store for $30
LogMeIn has now released a new, free version of the iOS app providing basic remote desktop access for any computer configured in the user’s LogMeIn account; a $40/year subscription to LogMeIn Pro can be purchased directly within the app which basically unlocks the features of the paid LogMeIn Ignition app. Pro features include the ability to transfer files between the remote computer and the iOS device and online storage services such as Dropbox as well as printing from the remote computer to any AirPrint compatible printer and streaming HD video and sound from the remote computer. These features are also available at no additional charge from the free app when connecting to a remote computer for which the user has already purchased a LogMeIn Pro subscription. LogMeIn is available from the App Store as a free download.
The original LogMeIn Ignition app has now been renamed to “Ignition” and has been updated with HD video and sound streaming and My Cloud Bank. The App Store price of Ignition has also been increased to $100, however Ignition provides access to Pro features from the iOS device for remote computers on LogMeIn Free plans and does not require an annual subscription fee.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?