LogMeIn releases free basic version, updates Ignition
Popular remote desktop service LogMeIn has released a new free version of its remote control app for iOS devices. LogMeIn is a free service that allows users to easily access their PC or Mac remotely from another computer via a web browser without requiring advanced configuration of proxies and firewalls. Although the basic computer-to-computer service has always been free, the company’s original iOS application, LogMeIn Ignition provided more advanced features from the iOS platform and sold on the App Store for $30
LogMeIn has now released a new, free version of the iOS app providing basic remote desktop access for any computer configured in the user’s LogMeIn account; a $40/year subscription to LogMeIn Pro can be purchased directly within the app which basically unlocks the features of the paid LogMeIn Ignition app. Pro features include the ability to transfer files between the remote computer and the iOS device and online storage services such as Dropbox as well as printing from the remote computer to any AirPrint compatible printer and streaming HD video and sound from the remote computer. These features are also available at no additional charge from the free app when connecting to a remote computer for which the user has already purchased a LogMeIn Pro subscription. LogMeIn is available from the App Store as a free download.
The original LogMeIn Ignition app has now been renamed to “Ignition” and has been updated with HD video and sound streaming and My Cloud Bank. The App Store price of Ignition has also been increased to $100, however Ignition provides access to Pro features from the iOS device for remote computers on LogMeIn Free plans and does not require an annual subscription fee.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?