Loopt adds Facebook Places integration
Loopt has released an update to its social location application adding integration with Facebook’s new Places feature. Loopt allows iPhone users in the U.S. to automatically update and share their location with friends, see alerts when friends are nearby and view photos and places that friends have recently visited. Version 3.2 adds support for Facebook Places allowing Loopt users to view both their Loopt and Facebook friends on a single integrated map and automatically check-in with Facebook Places when sharing Loopt updates to Facebook. In addition comments on Loopt updates for friends who are using both Loopt and Facebook Places will be simultaneously posted to both services. Any of the user’s Facebook friends who have used Facebook Places are now shown in the Loopt friends list and the user can pull up an integrated check-in history for both Loopt and Facebook Places to see where a friend has been. The latest update also provides the ability to customize the distance at which friend alerts are displayed from between one and ten miles of the user’s current location and delivers an upgraded and simplified registration system allowing users to join using either their e-mail address or phone number. Loopt is available from the U.S. App Store as a free download.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?