Lost iPod tracking service | iLounge News

Lost iPod tracking service

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Friday, August 27, 2004
News Categories:

Afraid of losing your iPod and never seeing it again? A new service might be the answer to insure your iPod’s safe return. LostiPods.com is offering iPod registration ($5 fee), stickers (coming soon) and a reward system to help you get your iPod back.

« Griffin announces EarJams earbud adapters

HP debuts “iPod+hp” for 9-15-04 release »

Comments

please help me find it i miss it so much it was my favorite thing to listen to!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by sadie on June 15, 2007 at 10:09 AM (PDT)

Well, let me add my sorry tale to the list.  I lost mine on Sunday on a Southwest flight from Houston to Orlando.  I’ve never lost anything- keys, wallet, nothing.  Now my stomach is in knots and I could probably lose (not loose) my sanity.  I miss my pod.  I was in row 6 or 7 in the window seat on the right side. Please check the pocket, if you’re flying southwest.  Email me if you find it. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by vwitt on August 7, 2007 at 7:54 PM (PDT)

Found a shiny black 80GB Ipod It has only a few songs downloaded on it…..no pictures or videos or movies downloaded on it yet so it must be brand new.  It has a black case and earplugs was wrapped around case and found in the back seat pocket of a United flight to Burbank California.  If you are the owner please mail me with identifying serial number or identify songs so I can happily return it to you.  I have been searching for you for over two months now.

Posted by Kay on August 8, 2007 at 5:39 PM (PDT)

Ooooops sorry…. I forgot to leave my email address in my above posting:
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Kay on August 8, 2007 at 5:42 PM (PDT)

What Apple needs to do is stand up to this issue and create a database of lost or missing iPods. Everytime someone attaches an iPod to their computer iTunes automatically checks the database with the serial number of the iPod plugged in. If the ipod happens to be missing itunes would send an IP address to either local authorities or Apple to notify them of the situation

Posted by Ian on August 31, 2007 at 11:25 AM (PDT)

Dude this is crazy!! I lost my ipod and ive searched everywhere. I just cant find someone who can help me. i wish someone had a free ipod recovery thing or something. I just wish i could find it and maby restore my lost ipod.I that Ian hwright idea and i thas thr ink apple should do that i mean there are millions of ipods that have been lost or stolen and there somewhere.somebody from apple needs to do something about this i hope somebody reads this and enters a subsription to this blog.Thank you for reading my subsription and be carfull with your ipods!!!!!!!!!11

Posted by Tyler on September 16, 2007 at 12:41 PM (PDT)

i misspelled alot up there so bare with me

Posted by Tyler on September 16, 2007 at 12:49 PM (PDT)

I found ipod… clip one. Blue. On Saturday 15.09, in Melbourne, Dandenong train. I wish to return it to owner, cause hate to keep things, which do not belong to me.. Please, if by any chance owner reading it, contact me on .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). Please, provide serial number and list of songs.

Posted by Ann on September 17, 2007 at 5:57 AM (PDT)

craigers13 i have your ipod respond if you read this!

Posted by alex on December 19, 2007 at 6:02 PM (PDT)

FOUND AND IPOD AT ARBY’S

It was dropped and an Arby’s parking lot in Russellville, Arkansas by someone from out of town, my guess a church group. If you can tell me what type of ipod, any accessories that you may or may have not had with it, and the type of songs on it I will return it. No one memorizes serial numbers.

It’s always nice to try guys.

Posted by Russellville on December 29, 2007 at 10:45 AM (PDT)

Oh and if the owner wishes to contact me then just post something on here. My email is my name and I don’t like putting it on public foroums.

Posted by Russellville on December 29, 2007 at 10:48 AM (PDT)

Long shot but here goes - left my 8 gig black nano, 2nd generation, on American Eagle flight from DFW to Charleston, SC on Dec 19th. I have the serial number and can confirm ownership. Email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Thanks.

Posted by pdxuptown99 on January 1, 2008 at 3:42 PM (PDT)

I have found an ipod nano and would like to return it to it’s owner.  It was found in Florida at a rest area on I-95.  I’ve already contacted Apple and it is not registered.  So if you think it’s yours, drop me and e-mail with the name of the Ipod and I’ll contact you about returning it. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by B. de Vries on January 6, 2008 at 10:54 PM (PDT)

My daughter lost her nano ipod in Disneyland on 12/31/07 near the autopia ride. I filed with Disney’s lost and found and the nano ipod even has her name on the back of the ipod—Morgan Maclellan. My daughter got this as a Christmas present from her dad and we would really like it returned to her. She lost it because it fell out of her purse/pocket. Please, please, please email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) if you have found it.

Posted by Jana Maclellan on January 12, 2008 at 1:15 PM (PDT)

I have an iPod that was found in the Houston Galleria parking lot and I’m trying to find the owner. I called apple but they weren’t able to find an owner through the serial number. (I totally impressed the lady with my selflessness, tho).

If this is your iPod please email me with some defining characteristics at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and I will gladly return it to you.

Posted by fmurton on February 19, 2008 at 2:34 PM (PDT)

Check this out. I had my Bose Noise Free headphones and iPod taken from my hotel room this past week probably by a maid. It was in a small town in the uS so the cops and the hotel are actually investigating this. I usually put my iPod in the room safe but this small town hotel did not have one. Believe it or not the hotel is saying if they do not recover it they will buy me replacements.

Posted by Pete on March 14, 2008 at 9:48 AM (PDT)

i put my ipod by the computer and i brought my friend in then he went after some mins and after iwent to look for my usb cable.i couldn’t find it the next day i cant find my ipod

Posted by quincy on April 17, 2008 at 12:52 PM (PDT)

Hi, I too lost an ipod. It’s a silver 160 gig model. Last seen on Southwest flight 2815; Chicago to Kansas City, (9:25AM, rain delayed two hours) on May 2, 2008. The plane went on to Oklahoma City, then to Houston TX, so it could have been found on either of those flights (for that matter in the KC airport).

It was in an acrylic case. Engraved.

Thank you for your time.

Thank you for this site to locate our lost ipods.

James

Posted by James Achterberg on May 4, 2008 at 2:42 PM (PDT)

So I was at the Savemart 350 Nascar Race this last weekend, and this dale jr fan, was looking at camp sites. We were there camping for the weekend, and as we were at the neighbors eating dinner, he stole my black iPod video, a bottle of captain morgan and my hat. we later found out that he’s from Reno, and was stealing other peoples stuff.
Amanda

Posted by Amanda on June 23, 2008 at 10:16 PM (PDT)

“Call me an idiot, but it looks like I lost not one, but two iPods on Friday, August 27. I think I mislaid them at the tech college I work at. Normally, I never have them out of my sight, but Friday was a very, very bad day at work. I was depressed over possibly being fired come Monday morning. (I am NOT making this up.)”

Ironically I just got two ipods stolen last night, just thought it was a silly coincidence, your not alone!

Seems to me like there are no post-theft ways to find an ipod, everything is proactive. So, my advice to the world of ipod owners is do everything you can to mark your ipod as yours. Get it engraved, register it, put tracking files on it, save the serial number, keep the box, pretty much attach it to your genitals if you can find a way because once its gone there isn’t much you can do about it. If you lose an unmarked ipod your screwed, as I am finding out the hard way right now. So, to those who haven’t been here yet; the second you open the box get all the protection you can.

Posted by britteny on June 29, 2008 at 6:41 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 4 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >