Mac: AppleScripts for New iPod 2.0 Released
Make your life a bit easier with new AppleScripts for iPod. The new note reader on new iPods with iPod Software 2.0 can read and store notes on iPod. These new AppleScripts help automate the process.
Clear All Notes - This script will delete all the notes in the entire contents of the Notes folder on your iPod. There is an option to remove any sub-folders in the Notes folder as well.
Clipboard to Note - To create and install a note on your iPod, simply select text in any document, copy it to the clipboard, and run this script! A new note containing the copied text will be added to the Notes folder on the iPod. Because of the 4K limit on the size of notes, long documents will be automatically divided into multiple linked files.
Eject iPod - This script can be used to eject the currently mounted iPod.
List Notes - This script will display a list of the installed notes. Selected entries may be opened for editing.
Note From Webpages - These scripts are designed to work exclusively with Apple’s Safari web browser. The MacCentral script will extract a MacCentral article from the front browser window. The Printer Friendly script will extract the contents of the front browser window and works best when the front window is set to be ready to print without ads and other HTML items.
To install the script collection, simply place the downloaded iPod scripts folder in: Home > Library > Scripts.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Apple TV software updates to 7.0 with Beats Music channel and redesigned look
- New Cook interview provides insight on Apple Watch development
- Apple releases iOS 8
- Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels