Mac: AppleScripts for New iPod 2.0 Released
Make your life a bit easier with new AppleScripts for iPod. The new note reader on new iPods with iPod Software 2.0 can read and store notes on iPod. These new AppleScripts help automate the process.
Clear All Notes - This script will delete all the notes in the entire contents of the Notes folder on your iPod. There is an option to remove any sub-folders in the Notes folder as well.
Clipboard to Note - To create and install a note on your iPod, simply select text in any document, copy it to the clipboard, and run this script! A new note containing the copied text will be added to the Notes folder on the iPod. Because of the 4K limit on the size of notes, long documents will be automatically divided into multiple linked files.
Eject iPod - This script can be used to eject the currently mounted iPod.
List Notes - This script will display a list of the installed notes. Selected entries may be opened for editing.
Note From Webpages - These scripts are designed to work exclusively with Apple’s Safari web browser. The MacCentral script will extract a MacCentral article from the front browser window. The Printer Friendly script will extract the contents of the front browser window and works best when the front window is set to be ready to print without ads and other HTML items.
To install the script collection, simply place the downloaded iPod scripts folder in: Home > Library > Scripts.
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Apple releases fourth betas of iOS 10.3 + watchOS 3.2 to developers
- Third-party screen repairs no longer void iPhone warranty
- iDevices adds dynamic automation, enhanced scheduling to ‘Connected’ app for HomeKit
- Apple reports that iOS 10.2.1 significantly reduces unexpected iPhone 6s shutdown issues
- Mobiata announces sunset of FlightTrack 5 and FlightBoard apps
- Harman announces first Wireless CarPlay implementation
- Report: Apple still considering several possible wireless charging solutions for ‘iPhone 8’
- Mini Metro adds Endless Mode
- Apple issues statement opposing Trump administration’s rescission of transgender rights
- ResearchKit study conducted using Apple Watch reveals new insights into seizures
- PureGear PureSwitch HomeKit-enabled Wireless Smart Plug
- 1More Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10