Mac: iPod Launcher 1.4 Released
You have plenty to do when you connect your iPod. Wouldn’t it be great if it all happened automatically? Well now it can. With iPod Launcher you specify items via System Preferences and, whenever you connect your iPod, they launch.
What’s new in v1.3:
- The user interface has been enhanced to allow for the re-ordering of application launching through dragging and dropping the items in the preferences pane. Also, each item now includes a tooltip that indicates the location used by iPod Launcher when trying to launch the item.
- A sync script has been added (iPodsync) that will keep the contents of folders on 2 (or more) Macs in sync. Now you can make sure your home and work Macs have the same up-to-date files simply by plugging in your iPod! See the scripts readme file for more details.
- The sample scripts now automatically locate your iPod so you don’t have to code it in to the script (you still have to specify the folders to backup).
- The sample backup script (copy2iPod) have been modified to use rsync. This means that it will only backup changed files, resulting in much faster backup operations. See the scripts readme file for details on upgrading your backup script.
License: Sharware $4.95
System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
- Apple releases Configurator 1.0.1
- Ambrosia seeks iToner 3 beta testers
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- App submissions must be iOS 7-ready by Feb. 1
- China Mobile iPhone deal remains elusive
- Apple must adopt new refund policy in Australia
- Apps: Mickey Mouse: Mash-Up, Tomb Raider, UltraTuner + Yahoo Weather 1.5
- UK Apple TV users get Sky Sports channel
- Apple releases ‘Best of 2013’ on iTunes
- Tim Cook, other execs to meet with Obama on NSA, healthcare
- Report: iTunes Radio top priority for Apple ad team
- ‘Beyonce’ becomes fastest-selling iTunes album ever
- Sprint intros 4G LTE in 70 new markets
- mÄ«k Sound Case for iPhone 5/5s
- iGear iPad Flip Turn Case for iPad mini
- AwoX StriimLight SL-B10 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker + LED Light Bulb
- Macally Hardshell Case with Flexible Grip for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy Canvas for iPad mini
- SwitchEasy Pelle for iPad mini
- CableJive dockXtender for Lightning Devices
- Logitech PowerShell Controller + Battery
- Macally Clear Case with Reversible Cover for iPad Air
- Itskins Evolution for iPhone 5/5s
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages