Mac: iPod Launcher 1.4 Released
You have plenty to do when you connect your iPod. Wouldn’t it be great if it all happened automatically? Well now it can. With iPod Launcher you specify items via System Preferences and, whenever you connect your iPod, they launch.
What’s new in v1.3:
- The user interface has been enhanced to allow for the re-ordering of application launching through dragging and dropping the items in the preferences pane. Also, each item now includes a tooltip that indicates the location used by iPod Launcher when trying to launch the item.
- A sync script has been added (iPodsync) that will keep the contents of folders on 2 (or more) Macs in sync. Now you can make sure your home and work Macs have the same up-to-date files simply by plugging in your iPod! See the scripts readme file for more details.
- The sample scripts now automatically locate your iPod so you donít have to code it in to the script (you still have to specify the folders to backup).
- The sample backup script (copy2iPod) have been modified to use rsync. This means that it will only backup changed files, resulting in much faster backup operations. See the scripts readme file for details on upgrading your backup script.
License: Sharware $4.95
System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
- Apple releases Configurator 1.0.1
- Ambrosia seeks iToner 3 beta testers
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly arriving Monday, giveaway reminder
- Report: BBM iOS app won’t support iPad at launch
- Report: iRadio might miss WWDC debut
- Fair Labor Assoc.: Foxconn, Apple still exceed work hours
- CW to bring content to Apple TV
- Moshi debuts aluminum USB Cable with Lightning Connector
- Cook talks Apple’s taxes ahead of Senate testimony
- iLuv intros Aud 5 Lightning speaker dock for iPhone 5
- Apps: Can Knockdown 3, eBay 3.0/2.3, Jungle Book + Sonic the Hedgehog 2.0
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 with new Mini Player
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- OCDesk OCDock for iPhone 5
- Bluelounge MiniDock (With Lightning Connector)
- Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Pro
- PhoneSuit Flex Pocket Charger
- Olloclip Quick-Flip Case + Pro-Photo Adapter for iPhone 5
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address
- Effect of erasing an iPhone on the Find My iPhone feature