Mac: iPod Launcher 1.4 Released
You have plenty to do when you connect your iPod. Wouldn’t it be great if it all happened automatically? Well now it can. With iPod Launcher you specify items via System Preferences and, whenever you connect your iPod, they launch.
What’s new in v1.3:
- The user interface has been enhanced to allow for the re-ordering of application launching through dragging and dropping the items in the preferences pane. Also, each item now includes a tooltip that indicates the location used by iPod Launcher when trying to launch the item.
- A sync script has been added (iPodsync) that will keep the contents of folders on 2 (or more) Macs in sync. Now you can make sure your home and work Macs have the same up-to-date files simply by plugging in your iPod! See the scripts readme file for more details.
- The sample scripts now automatically locate your iPod so you donít have to code it in to the script (you still have to specify the folders to backup).
- The sample backup script (copy2iPod) have been modified to use rsync. This means that it will only backup changed files, resulting in much faster backup operations. See the scripts readme file for details on upgrading your backup script.
License: Sharware $4.95
System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
- Apple releases Configurator 1.0.1
- Ambrosia seeks iToner 3 beta testers
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac