Mac: iPod Launcher 1.4 Released
You have plenty to do when you connect your iPod. Wouldn’t it be great if it all happened automatically? Well now it can. With iPod Launcher you specify items via System Preferences and, whenever you connect your iPod, they launch.
What’s new in v1.3:
- The user interface has been enhanced to allow for the re-ordering of application launching through dragging and dropping the items in the preferences pane. Also, each item now includes a tooltip that indicates the location used by iPod Launcher when trying to launch the item.
- A sync script has been added (iPodsync) that will keep the contents of folders on 2 (or more) Macs in sync. Now you can make sure your home and work Macs have the same up-to-date files simply by plugging in your iPod! See the scripts readme file for more details.
- The sample scripts now automatically locate your iPod so you donít have to code it in to the script (you still have to specify the folders to backup).
- The sample backup script (copy2iPod) have been modified to use rsync. This means that it will only backup changed files, resulting in much faster backup operations. See the scripts readme file for details on upgrading your backup script.
License: Sharware $4.95
System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
- Apple ceasing development for Aperture, iPhoto in favor of Photos
- WWDC 2014: All The News You Want To See
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks