Mac: iPod.iTunes 2.6.6 released | iLounge News

Mac: iPod.iTunes 2.6.6 released

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Monday, August 23, 2004
News Categories: Mac Software

iPod.iTunes gives the choice to synchronize tracks, playlists or both - automatically with one click, or manually. A ‘manual mode’ creates a list of iPod tracks not in iTunes, and allows to copy desired tracks from that list. With every synchronization iPod.iTunes creates a date&time stamped iTunes playlist containing the tracks which were copied. This gives the option to easily add those tracks to existing playlists or to create new ones from the transferred tracks.

What’s new in this version:

+ Compatibility for iPod firmware v3.0.1

License: Shareware
System Requirements: Mac OS 10.1.2 - 10.3.2, iTunes 2.0.4 - 4.2, iPod firmware 1.0 - 3.0.1

« New handmade leather cases released

iPod support for copy-protected CDs coming soon »

Comments

I hate these apps that build on generic Mac names.  So misleading.

Posted by Albert on October 15, 2003 at 7:24 PM (PDT)

aren’t there laws against that kinda thing?

Posted by meatmcguffin on October 16, 2003 at 5:06 AM (PDT)

“iPod.iTunes is the only utility which provides real synchronization of tracks and playlists from your iPod(s) to your Mac(s).”

That’s false marketing at best, probably more accurately, a blatant lie.

iPodRip (my personal favorite) and podworks are both far far better than this crappy little app.

Posted by lucy332 on October 26, 2003 at 4:16 PM (PDT)

So how long does the developer think this application which infringes on not one, but two! Apple trademarks, is going to be around?

Posted by m.s on December 24, 2003 at 12:59 PM (PDT)

30 bucks?!!!!!!! i’d barely pay 2.

Posted by aswimmer94563 on December 24, 2003 at 7:29 PM (PDT)

I’m on Mac OS 9 and can not find itunes software that supports 9. Does anyone know where to locate it on this site?

Posted by justinnow on December 25, 2003 at 8:34 AM (PDT)

Justinnow-iTunes can’t be used with any os9 under 9.2.2-check your version of os9 you probably need to upgrade…

Posted by gemio17 on December 29, 2003 at 6:01 AM (PDT)

Hey….....what about the itunes for win? no update news?

Posted by Ed on February 23, 2004 at 10:04 PM (PDT)

wait this is a third party program?

Posted by me on February 24, 2004 at 12:47 AM (PDT)

I wonder if these guys develop Adobe.Photoshop 8.0 as well?

Posted by Ryan on February 24, 2004 at 10:00 AM (PDT)

Justinnow - iTunes v1.1 and v2.0 work with OS 9.0.4 or later. Download v1.1 here: http://a1408.g.akamai.net/5/1408/1388/20011106/1a1a1acd38990667d0fe67d53baad839a91985ea187bea5786ef43b8268bfe2da21544b11275/iTunes.smi.bin

then use software update to get v2.0

Posted by yzarc on February 25, 2004 at 8:23 AM (PDT)

i need iPod_1.x.smi.bin for restore my ipod in windows format can anyone helpme ?

Posted by alv on April 30, 2004 at 8:22 AM (PDT)

may I use i.podi.tune for windows? Anyway is there something like this, for windows?
thanks

Antonio

Posted by antonio on May 3, 2004 at 10:03 PM (PDT)

yeah there are heaps of things like this for windows and mac, the claim about it being the only one is a joke…if u want a windows app that does the same, ipod agent is very good, and if u want something u can run on any computer without having to install anything, have a look at something like sharepod, which runs straight off your ipod

Posted by Nuke666 in Melbourne, Austalia on June 28, 2004 at 11:05 PM (PDT)

the more we see apps like this the better. apple clearly don’t care about what users think, but always monitor what developers are up to. i bet features like this will be in apple’s itunes very soon.

if you want apple to pull their finger out then support programs like this one. apple hates it.

Posted by kades on June 29, 2004 at 12:29 AM (PDT)

There’s a lot of flak about this app in the comments above.  Most of it seems to come from its name.  If the developer had put some more thought into the name (and perhaps he should have) I wonder if people would disparage it quite as much.  I own both this and iPodRip.  I can say without question that based on my personal experience, iPod.iTunes has been able to help me in situations where iPodRip, for whatever annoying, maddening reason, just wouldn’t copy the tunes to my computer like it’s supposed to.

Posted by eben on June 30, 2004 at 7:54 AM (PDT)

Please HELP.  Purchased a G4 Apple Note book and I loved it.  I was working in Africa & not able to get any Apple software.  So after 1 year and my return to the west I (do I dear say it) got a Sony note which has served me (not as well as my G4) well.  I have run in a problem though.  I own a 40G iPod with some music from 2 Sony Computers.  I want to synch them both together on one iPod without loosing all my songs to the newest synch.  Please can someone tell explain to me how I can do this.  Thank you kindly.  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by G on July 18, 2004 at 7:37 PM (PDT)

How do I synch 2 different itunes to one iPod.  I own both machines and all the CD are mine.  If someone could help that would be very welcomed.  Thank you! .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by G on July 18, 2004 at 7:40 PM (PDT)

Shame on Ipodlounge for posting this blurb without indicating it is a third party product right up front. If rogue app developers want to decieve the public - buyer beware, but for Ipodlounge to do it to its own subscribers- that’s downright sleezy! Please edit this totally misleading post.

Posted by mike on August 23, 2004 at 12:36 PM (PDT)