Mac: iPod.iTunes 2.7 released
Today crispSofties released version 2.7 of it’s shareware iPod.iTunes. This iPod utility provides synchronization of tracks and playlists from any iPod to any Mac, including track info like Rating, Last Played and Play Count.
What’s new in this version:
—- New in iPod.iTunes 2.5 - 2.7:
+ Compatibility for iPod firmware 1.4, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.0.1.
+ Compatibility for iTunes 4.5, 4.6, 4.7.
+ Compatibility for FileVault.
+ Playlist Synchronization: Options to transfer the track Rating, Play Count, Last Played.
+ New preference: “Consider Unicode”. Use this if the tracks contain Unicode characters (i.e. French, Danish, Spanish etc.).
+ Small interface changes.
+ Playlist Synchronization Options: Additionally to track Rating and Play Count, there is now the Last Played date available.
+ The Tools tab contains a new function to delete playlists starting with a given string. This can be helpful to easily delete all playlists which where synchronized with a playlist prefix.
+ The Help menu has content.
+ Track synchronization under Mac OS 10.2.x: Error “936: 10…” fixed.
+ Track Synchronization: Fixed a possible problem with Audible files.
+ Playlist synchronization didn’t run when there were no tracks to copy (in “Tracks & Playlist” synchronization mode).
+ Circumvented a bug in iTunes which sometimes lead to tracks not copied to the iTunes library when they should.
+ Circumvented another iTunes bug which could make the startup volume look like an iPod for iPod.iTunes.
+ A possible error “921.6.8” fixed.
+ A possible reason for an error “The iPod is not visible in iTunes source column” has been fixed.
+ Various enhancements.
System Requirements: Mac OS 10.1.2 - 10.3.5, iTunes 2.0.4 - 4.7, iPod firmware 1.0 - 3.0.1
- Apple ceasing development for Aperture, iPhoto in favor of Photos
- WWDC 2014: All The News You Want To See
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
- Apple acquires speech tech startup VocalIQ
- iPhone 6s more water-resistant than previous models
- Apple CEO Tim Cook talks privacy to NPR
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?