Mac: iPod.iTunes 2.7 released
Today crispSofties released version 2.7 of it’s shareware iPod.iTunes. This iPod utility provides synchronization of tracks and playlists from any iPod to any Mac, including track info like Rating, Last Played and Play Count.
What’s new in this version:
—- New in iPod.iTunes 2.5 - 2.7:
+ Compatibility for iPod firmware 1.4, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.0.1.
+ Compatibility for iTunes 4.5, 4.6, 4.7.
+ Compatibility for FileVault.
+ Playlist Synchronization: Options to transfer the track Rating, Play Count, Last Played.
+ New preference: “Consider Unicode”. Use this if the tracks contain Unicode characters (i.e. French, Danish, Spanish etc.).
+ Small interface changes.
+ Playlist Synchronization Options: Additionally to track Rating and Play Count, there is now the Last Played date available.
+ The Tools tab contains a new function to delete playlists starting with a given string. This can be helpful to easily delete all playlists which where synchronized with a playlist prefix.
+ The Help menu has content.
+ Track synchronization under Mac OS 10.2.x: Error “936: 10…” fixed.
+ Track Synchronization: Fixed a possible problem with Audible files.
+ Playlist synchronization didn’t run when there were no tracks to copy (in “Tracks & Playlist” synchronization mode).
+ Circumvented a bug in iTunes which sometimes lead to tracks not copied to the iTunes library when they should.
+ Circumvented another iTunes bug which could make the startup volume look like an iPod for iPod.iTunes.
+ A possible error “921.6.8” fixed.
+ A possible reason for an error “The iPod is not visible in iTunes source column” has been fixed.
+ Various enhancements.
System Requirements: Mac OS 10.1.2 - 10.3.5, iTunes 2.0.4 - 4.7, iPod firmware 1.0 - 3.0.1
- Continuity: iOS and watchOS features for macOS Sierra
- Apple ceasing development for Aperture, iPhoto in favor of Photos
- WWDC 2014: All The News You Want To See
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- Apple Music creative team discusses the service’s exclusives, future
- Apple raising UK App Store prices by more than 25 percent
- Iovine fuels speculation about Apple’s interest in scripted TV shows
- Report: ‘iPhone 8’ to include upgraded water resistance
- U.S. appeals court resurrects App Store antitrust lawsuit against Apple
- Apple increases maximum tvOS app size to 4GB
- Apple releases fourth iOS 10.2.1 beta
- Apple looking to produce original TV content for Apple Music subscribers
- FBI releases heavily redacted information about cracking iPhone
- Apple partners with Tresorit to offer encryption option to CareKit developers
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10