Mac: iPod.iTunes 2.7 released
Today crispSofties released version 2.7 of it’s shareware iPod.iTunes. This iPod utility provides synchronization of tracks and playlists from any iPod to any Mac, including track info like Rating, Last Played and Play Count.
What’s new in this version:
—- New in iPod.iTunes 2.5 - 2.7:
+ Compatibility for iPod firmware 1.4, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.0.1.
+ Compatibility for iTunes 4.5, 4.6, 4.7.
+ Compatibility for FileVault.
+ Playlist Synchronization: Options to transfer the track Rating, Play Count, Last Played.
+ New preference: “Consider Unicode”. Use this if the tracks contain Unicode characters (i.e. French, Danish, Spanish etc.).
+ Small interface changes.
+ Playlist Synchronization Options: Additionally to track Rating and Play Count, there is now the Last Played date available.
+ The Tools tab contains a new function to delete playlists starting with a given string. This can be helpful to easily delete all playlists which where synchronized with a playlist prefix.
+ The Help menu has content.
+ Track synchronization under Mac OS 10.2.x: Error “936: 10…” fixed.
+ Track Synchronization: Fixed a possible problem with Audible files.
+ Playlist synchronization didn’t run when there were no tracks to copy (in “Tracks & Playlist” synchronization mode).
+ Circumvented a bug in iTunes which sometimes lead to tracks not copied to the iTunes library when they should.
+ Circumvented another iTunes bug which could make the startup volume look like an iPod for iPod.iTunes.
+ A possible error “921.6.8” fixed.
+ A possible reason for an error “The iPod is not visible in iTunes source column” has been fixed.
+ Various enhancements.
System Requirements: Mac OS 10.1.2 - 10.3.5, iTunes 2.0.4 - 4.7, iPod firmware 1.0 - 3.0.1
- Apple ceasing development for Aperture, iPhoto in favor of Photos
- WWDC 2014: All The News You Want To See
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards