Mac: iPod.iTunes 2.7 released
Today crispSofties released version 2.7 of it’s shareware iPod.iTunes. This iPod utility provides synchronization of tracks and playlists from any iPod to any Mac, including track info like Rating, Last Played and Play Count.
What’s new in this version:
—- New in iPod.iTunes 2.5 - 2.7:
+ Compatibility for iPod firmware 1.4, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.0.1.
+ Compatibility for iTunes 4.5, 4.6, 4.7.
+ Compatibility for FileVault.
+ Playlist Synchronization: Options to transfer the track Rating, Play Count, Last Played.
+ New preference: “Consider Unicode”. Use this if the tracks contain Unicode characters (i.e. French, Danish, Spanish etc.).
+ Small interface changes.
+ Playlist Synchronization Options: Additionally to track Rating and Play Count, there is now the Last Played date available.
+ The Tools tab contains a new function to delete playlists starting with a given string. This can be helpful to easily delete all playlists which where synchronized with a playlist prefix.
+ The Help menu has content.
+ Track synchronization under Mac OS 10.2.x: Error “936: 10…” fixed.
+ Track Synchronization: Fixed a possible problem with Audible files.
+ Playlist synchronization didn’t run when there were no tracks to copy (in “Tracks & Playlist” synchronization mode).
+ Circumvented a bug in iTunes which sometimes lead to tracks not copied to the iTunes library when they should.
+ Circumvented another iTunes bug which could make the startup volume look like an iPod for iPod.iTunes.
+ A possible error “921.6.8” fixed.
+ A possible reason for an error “The iPod is not visible in iTunes source column” has been fixed.
+ Various enhancements.
System Requirements: Mac OS 10.1.2 - 10.3.5, iTunes 2.0.4 - 4.7, iPod firmware 1.0 - 3.0.1
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
- Apple releases Configurator 1.0.1
- Ambrosia seeks iToner 3 beta testers
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone