Mac: iPod.iTunes 2.7 released
Today crispSofties released version 2.7 of it’s shareware iPod.iTunes. This iPod utility provides synchronization of tracks and playlists from any iPod to any Mac, including track info like Rating, Last Played and Play Count.
What’s new in this version:
—- New in iPod.iTunes 2.5 - 2.7:
+ Compatibility for iPod firmware 1.4, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.0.1.
+ Compatibility for iTunes 4.5, 4.6, 4.7.
+ Compatibility for FileVault.
+ Playlist Synchronization: Options to transfer the track Rating, Play Count, Last Played.
+ New preference: “Consider Unicode”. Use this if the tracks contain Unicode characters (i.e. French, Danish, Spanish etc.).
+ Small interface changes.
+ Playlist Synchronization Options: Additionally to track Rating and Play Count, there is now the Last Played date available.
+ The Tools tab contains a new function to delete playlists starting with a given string. This can be helpful to easily delete all playlists which where synchronized with a playlist prefix.
+ The Help menu has content.
+ Track synchronization under Mac OS 10.2.x: Error “936: 10…” fixed.
+ Track Synchronization: Fixed a possible problem with Audible files.
+ Playlist synchronization didn’t run when there were no tracks to copy (in “Tracks & Playlist” synchronization mode).
+ Circumvented a bug in iTunes which sometimes lead to tracks not copied to the iTunes library when they should.
+ Circumvented another iTunes bug which could make the startup volume look like an iPod for iPod.iTunes.
+ A possible error “921.6.8” fixed.
+ A possible reason for an error “The iPod is not visible in iTunes source column” has been fixed.
+ Various enhancements.
System Requirements: Mac OS 10.1.2 - 10.3.5, iTunes 2.0.4 - 4.7, iPod firmware 1.0 - 3.0.1
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
- Apple releases Configurator 1.0.1
- Ambrosia seeks iToner 3 beta testers
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Apple drops refurbished fourth-gen iPad, mini prices
- Judge: US can show Apple e-book pricing conspiracy
- AT&T’s GoPhone to add LTE/HSPA+ support for iPhone
- Report: iOS 7 ‘black, white, and flat all over’
- Apple WWDC Keynote set for June 10
- Apps: Foursquare 6.2, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Pandora 4.3 + Shazam 6.0
- Apple patent application details interactive AirPlay, TV
- Report: iWatch pushed to late 2014?
- Griffin releases iPhone 5 Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case
- Lynktec TruGlide Pro Precision Stylus
- C4 Electronics Dolry HiFi Stone 30-Pin AirPlay Adapter
- Boombotix Boombot Rex Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Nuu Splash Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Scosche boomBottle Weatherproof Sport Wireless Speaker
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Costs associated with using FaceTime
- iMessages showing as Delivered when iPhone is out of coverage
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore