Mac: iPodRip 3.5 released | iLounge News

Mac: iPodRip 3.5 released

iPodRip is the ultimate iPod companion application. iPodRip allows you to get the most out of your iPod—you can transfer music from your iPod back to your iTunes Library, listen to music directly on your iPod (allowing you to save valuable disk space)—plus much more. iPodRip supports all iPod Media Types—MP3, AAC, Protected AAC and Audible.com Content.

What’s new in this version:

- [Feature] - Added visual duplicate detection
- [Enhancement] - Completely rewritten for speed, stability and ease of use
- [Enhancement] - Faster launch time
- [Enhancement] - Searching is now live
- [Enhancement] - If the playlist box in SmartSync is not selected, the entire library is used instead
- [Enhancement] - Made internationalization of the app easier
- [Enhancement] - Improved performance and reliability of the “Sync Meta Data” tool
- [Enhancement] - Moved all the help files online
- [Enhancement] - Toolbar items with irreversible actions now dim when the window goes out of focus
- [Enhancement] - Cleaned up the preferences and simplified them
- [Enhancement] - Simplified the interface
- [Enhancement] - iPodRip can now handle multiple operations at once
- [Enhancement] - Improved memory usage
- [Enhancement] - Improved song playback
- [Enhancement] - Improved iPod detection
- [Enhancement] - SplitView’s now remember their previous size
- [Enhancement] - Export to HTML is now faster, produces smaller pages and is XHTML valid
- [Bug Fix] - Fixed an issue with sync’ing meta data and 5 star songs
- [Bug Fix] - Fixed an issue where songs with “/” in their name’s would not copy
- [Bug Fix] - Fixed an issue where songs would not be displayed in the Finder after an import
- [Bug Fix] - Fixed a bug when importing songs on Jaguar systems

License: iPodRip will run, without limitation, for 10 sessions.  After you use all of the 10 sessions, you’ll need to purchase iPodRip to use any of the application’s functionality.

System Requirements: iPodRip works with Mac OS X 10.2 “Jaguar” and later, including Mac OS X 10.3 “Panther”. iPodRip works with any iPod, whether it be a Mac OS X or Windows formatted. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Gen as well as the iPod Mini are confirmed to work with iPodRip.

« Speck Products ships SkinTight case for 4G iPods

Apple launches iTunes Affiliate Program, 125 million songs sold »

Comments

Well, it’s day 3 and still no code from Little App Factory. They are not answering my emails either. What is up?

Posted by Sheri on November 19, 2003 at 4:07 AM (PDT)

Is there still a problem with getting the registration codes?  I’m ready to pay, but….

Posted by jp on December 1, 2003 at 8:01 PM (PDT)

Nope. We seemed to have fixed all issues at this time. We have not had a complaint since the 21st of last month. We shifted our e-mail to .mac for handling sales which has been much more reliable.

Posted by Developer on December 1, 2003 at 10:42 PM (PDT)

Sonds like the program of the century..
Anyone aware of a similar program that works for PC users?

Posted by Jakob on January 9, 2004 at 1:41 AM (PDT)

uh okay.. so… version 3’s major new feature is help files?

er… awesome.  what about all of the crap that the developer’s been promiising forever on their user forum on their site.  i never see any of that stuff being done.

Posted by ml on January 9, 2004 at 3:06 PM (PDT)

LOL… their website says:

“iPodRip can turn an ordinary iPod into the centre of your digital music experience. “

some major bs right there.

Posted by Rob on January 9, 2004 at 3:11 PM (PDT)

In case you were wondering a complete list of changes is in here: http://funmac.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4457 and there are a lot of them.

Posted by Jpeate on January 9, 2004 at 5:17 PM (PDT)

yeah, nice long list, but nothing substantial.

Posted by ml on January 18, 2004 at 9:29 AM (PDT)

Where is the one for WINDOWS! Come on people…..geez.

Posted by The White Gold on February 25, 2004 at 12:15 PM (PDT)

yeah this thing suxx0rs… i’ve been requesting an anti-whine function for months and the developers _still_ haven’t implemented it. sheesh.

Posted by mrfett on February 25, 2004 at 4:28 PM (PDT)

wow… their website is down too….

really professional group i guess!!!

Posted by ml on February 25, 2004 at 7:45 PM (PDT)

iTunes is ####.  It’s arrogant, offensive, and it can destroy carefully constructed music collections.

The “keep organized” feature is primarily what I’m talking about.  Its only use would be as a recovery tool (as some on this list have been seeking), but even at that it makes no sense.  Most people include artist, album, and song title in the filename.  iTunes inexplicably destroys all of that and leaves only the song name and TRACK NUMBER in the filename.

Oh yeah, and if iTunes complains that it can’t find a file listed in the Library, you have NO WAY to diagnose the problem.  Why?  Because iTunes can’t tell you where it thinks the file should be.  If you right-click on an entry in your library, you’ll only see the path if the file is actually there.  That’s genius, Apple.  The time you really need to see the supposed path is when it ISN’T WORKING.

Try it.  Delete a song that your library points to, and then try to derive the path to it in iTunes.

And I haven’t even mentioned the stupid default option of copying all your music when you import it into the library.  Typical of Apple to assume that no one figured out how to organize their music until Apple came along.

Posted by Information Central on March 20, 2004 at 12:25 AM (PDT)

I think you can turn on or off the “organize music” option in iTunes.

I like the way Media Center lets you choose to organize music. When selected, you can specify any directory and filename structure using any of the tags in any sequence or order. And of course you can choose either copy or move.

That’s the way good software works!

Posted by fascist software on March 20, 2004 at 8:10 AM (PDT)

This ain’t news, what’s going on you lamers.

Posted by Not news on March 21, 2004 at 12:13 PM (PDT)

Personally, I prefer the import automatically to iTunes’s library location, simply because people like my mother can easily use iTunes without having to hassle about files being everywhere on her computer.

For power users, there is always switching off the function, or you can easily use some other software to achieve your music nirvana.

I wouldn’t go hacking at free software that makes many people’s lives easier. If you wish to, feel free to write your own, I would love to see your attempt.

Posted by MatC on March 22, 2004 at 4:24 AM (PDT)

My hard drive crashed which means that I lost ALL my music.  However I do have all my music on my Ipod (about 10gigs worth)  Will this be able to create the files on my computer as MP3’s again?  I’m not sure how this works.  Also I have a PC and it looks like this will be out for windows eventually.  Anyone know when the windows version will be released?

This just might be my life saver

Posted by Goomba on April 2, 2004 at 12:19 PM (PDT)

I just bought PodWorks last night, but iPodRip looks like it has a lot more features fro $2 more.

Would you recommend it more than Podworks, and can you run iPodRip directly off the iPod such as Podworks?

Posted by presodent on April 9, 2004 at 10:21 AM (PDT)

Help!  I’m trying to use this program to transfer my data (ratings and last played info) to my computer.  I do all my ratings/playlist etc work in the ipod.  It used to work really well, but recently it just stopped working.

It acts like it’s updating like normal, but when I check the library in my itunes, nothing has happened.  I noticed this about a month ago (just as I was about to buy the program).

Here’s an interesting fact.  I also tried to use an apple script and it didn’t work either, although it acted like it was working and took like an hour.

I can’t remember the last time I updated the itunes software,  could this be a conflict?  I’m now using the latest version which I just downloaded thinking that would do the trick.

I’ve got over 4,000 songs in my library, and I live in fear of losing all my ratings data!  Somebody please help!

Posted by Lisa on April 11, 2004 at 3:50 PM (PDT)

DUPLICATES!!!

Ok, when I do the smart sync nothing seems to happen.  When I manually drag a playlist from iPod to iTunes that already existed in iTunes, it creates duplicate files of anything that has changed, instead of updating the data.  In other words I had a playlist with Caravan in it.  In my iTunes there was no rating, in my iPod it had a 4.  When I dragged the playlist over to my iTunes hoping that it would simply update the data, it just created duplicates.

When I used the smartsync nothing happened.  I had 81 songs in the list in my iPod, I wanted to update the playlist in my iTunes which only had 41 songs in it.  I ended up with 132 songs in my iTunes with many duplicates.  They aren’t just duplicated in my playlist either, I checked the library, and there is a second file with the new ratings info.

Can anybody help?  All I want to do is take the playlist, ratings and last played data from my iPod and put it into my iTunes without creating duplicate files.

The latest iTunes software claims to do this, has anyone tried it?  I’m terrified of losing the information!

Posted by Lisa on April 11, 2004 at 4:13 PM (PDT)

don’ want to sound stupid but i have no idea how to use ipodrip. i downloaded it but don’t know what to do. i want to transfer the music on my ipod to my itunes. can someone write out some simple directions?
thanks

Posted by susan on April 25, 2004 at 11:35 AM (PDT)

Page 3 of 4 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >