Mac: iPodRip 3.5 released | iLounge News

Mac: iPodRip 3.5 released

iPodRip is the ultimate iPod companion application. iPodRip allows you to get the most out of your iPod—you can transfer music from your iPod back to your iTunes Library, listen to music directly on your iPod (allowing you to save valuable disk space)—plus much more. iPodRip supports all iPod Media Types—MP3, AAC, Protected AAC and Audible.com Content.

What’s new in this version:

- [Feature] - Added visual duplicate detection
- [Enhancement] - Completely rewritten for speed, stability and ease of use
- [Enhancement] - Faster launch time
- [Enhancement] - Searching is now live
- [Enhancement] - If the playlist box in SmartSync is not selected, the entire library is used instead
- [Enhancement] - Made internationalization of the app easier
- [Enhancement] - Improved performance and reliability of the “Sync Meta Data” tool
- [Enhancement] - Moved all the help files online
- [Enhancement] - Toolbar items with irreversible actions now dim when the window goes out of focus
- [Enhancement] - Cleaned up the preferences and simplified them
- [Enhancement] - Simplified the interface
- [Enhancement] - iPodRip can now handle multiple operations at once
- [Enhancement] - Improved memory usage
- [Enhancement] - Improved song playback
- [Enhancement] - Improved iPod detection
- [Enhancement] - SplitView’s now remember their previous size
- [Enhancement] - Export to HTML is now faster, produces smaller pages and is XHTML valid
- [Bug Fix] - Fixed an issue with sync’ing meta data and 5 star songs
- [Bug Fix] - Fixed an issue where songs with “/” in their name’s would not copy
- [Bug Fix] - Fixed an issue where songs would not be displayed in the Finder after an import
- [Bug Fix] - Fixed a bug when importing songs on Jaguar systems

License: iPodRip will run, without limitation, for 10 sessions.  After you use all of the 10 sessions, you’ll need to purchase iPodRip to use any of the application’s functionality.

System Requirements: iPodRip works with Mac OS X 10.2 “Jaguar” and later, including Mac OS X 10.3 “Panther”. iPodRip works with any iPod, whether it be a Mac OS X or Windows formatted. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Gen as well as the iPod Mini are confirmed to work with iPodRip.

« Speck Products ships SkinTight case for 4G iPods

Apple launches iTunes Affiliate Program, 125 million songs sold »

Comments

Sweet product! Only had one lil problem but nothing to hate the thing over.  EVEN like how I downloaded like 500 or songs from a friends iPod and iPodRip placed everything in iTunes for me.  No importing music or anything.  All done for me, perfect companion for iTunes….

Posted by CoolerPod on June 28, 2004 at 4:50 PM (CDT)

I STILL haven’t gotten an email from the developer dispite urgent emails on their site, and posts here.  After 3 months, I’ve given up and I am no longer using this program, which at one time was fantastic but just stopped working for me.

If someone from the developer could get back to me and let me know what the heck is up, I might want to buy the program, otherwise I’m doing it the old fashion way.  Since using the program I have hundreds of duplicate files and this is a huge problem for me and my ipod.

Posted by Lisa on July 26, 2004 at 12:05 PM (CDT)

My hard drive got fried and had to intsall a new one.  Luckily, my ipod wasn’t plugged in at the time.  I downloaded rip and couldn’t get it to work… really.  It uploaded a small piece of a song each time I started the program. The transfer rate stayed at zero. Any suggestions?

Posted by PenthouseT on August 15, 2004 at 9:39 AM (CDT)

the transfer rate stays at zero and I only get the title of one song recovered to itunes instead of ny entire library.  Any ideas what’s wrong?  HELP!

Posted by PenthouseT on August 15, 2004 at 3:37 PM (CDT)

I can’t speak for Macs, but with iTunes for Windows if you disabel the automatic iPod syncing you can listen to music off the iPod.

Posted by Alden on September 1, 2004 at 6:06 PM (CDT)

ok, dumb question:

if i have a windows pod but want to rip onto a mac, will this work/  will any program work? am i an idiot?

Posted by Daddo on September 1, 2004 at 7:57 PM (CDT)

This program is great!!  It took me a bit to get it set up, but it saved my whole library after a friend accidentally deleted all of my music while copying it off my external HD.  (I have a PC formatted ipod, but ended up copying everything over to a new mac).  Now I’m just trying to find as good an app to copy everything to my PC.

Posted by droptopdragster on October 1, 2004 at 7:27 AM (CDT)

Page 4 of 4 pages ‹ First  < 2 3 4