Mac: iTunes 4.0.1 Released
iTunes 4 features superior sound quality including support for MPEG-4 AAC audio. iTunes 4.0.1 includes a number of performance and network access enhancements, and only allows music sharing between computers using iTunes 4.0.1 or later on a local network (in the same subnet). If you have an Apple SuperDrive, you can archive your song files to a DVD disc as well as burn playlists to standard audio CDs to play in your car or home stereo.
What’s new in 4.0.1
- Buy music from the online Music Store and download individual songs or entire albums directly to your music library. (The Music Store is not available in all countries. For more information, visit www.apple.com/itunes.)
- Share your music library or playlists between your computers. (Requires Mac OS X version 10.2.4 or later.)
- Listen to MPEG-4 Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) files, a new compression format with quality that rivals audio CDs. If you have QuickTime 6.2 installed, you can also encode music using the AAC format.
- Back up your music to a DVD. If your computer has an internal SuperDrive and Mac OS X version 10.2.4 (or later), you can back up your music library by adding the songs to a playlist and burning the playlist to a DVD.
- View or add artwork to the songs in your music collection.
System Requirements: iTunes 4 requires Mac OS X version 10.1.5 or later (Mac OS X 10.2.4 is recommended). Music sharing and DVD burning require Mac OS X version 10.2.4 or later, and AAC encoding requires QuickTime 6.2 or later. 256 MB RAM is recommended.
- Apple ceasing development for Aperture, iPhoto in favor of Photos
- WWDC 2014: All The News You Want To See
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?