Mac: iTunes 4.2 Released
iTunes 4, the stunning new rendition of one of Apples greatest hits, comes with an appealing new feature: the fabulous iTunes Music Store stocked with hundreds of thousands of songs you can preview and own with just one click. The worlds best digital music player now supports the new AAC audio format (think high-quality sound with even smaller file sizes), and lets you share your music with other Mac computers on your local Ethernet or AirPort wireless network. And if you have a Mac with a SuperDrive, you can archive your entire music library to DVDs for safekeeping.
What’s new in this version:
iTunes 4.2 allows you to sign in and buy music from the iTunes Music Store using either your AOL or Apple Account, view the iTunes Music Store in a separate window, and includes a number of performance improvements.
Make sure you have the latest update of Mac OS X. Get the latest update by choosing Apple menu > System Preferences, then clicking Software Update, and then Update Now or Check Now. After you install an update, it’s a good idea to click Update Now or Check Now again to make sure you’ve gotten all the latest versions. To get the latest upgrade to Mac OS X, visit www.apple.com/macosx
To create audio or MP3 CDs with iTunes, you need an internal Apple CD-RW drive. To back up your music to a DVD, you need an internal Apple SuperDrive. Some third-party CD-RW and DVD drives may also work.
If you plan to listen to music previews or buy music from the Music Store, a DSL, cable modem, or local area network (LAN) Internet connection is recommended.
- Apple acquires speech tech startup VocalIQ
- iPhone 6s more water-resistant than previous models
- Apple CEO Tim Cook talks privacy to NPR
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?