Mac: LyriPod 1.0 Public Beta 2 Released | iLounge News

Mac: LyriPod 1.0 Public Beta 2 Released

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Monday, January 26, 2004
News Categories: Mac Software

Today LyriPod has been updated to Public Beta 2.  This new Beta release has fix some problems that the first Beta version came with.  This new Beta fixes the fs routines (no more nilobjex when clicking ‘find songs’) and more. LyriPod is a program developed in REALbasic which allows you to download lyrics to the songs you have on your iPod.

What’s new in this version:

• improved fs routines (no more nilobjex when clicking ‘find songs’)

• added column headers in listbox (better sorting)

• split lyrics >4k into appropriately sized and linked chunks

• added icon and about window

• slated as last public beta before 1.0 final

Zach Segal’s future plans for LyriPod are to add pluggable support for multiple online lyrics databases, to add search bar feature akin to itunes, and to more gracefully manage lyrics >4k in size.

This new Beta version doesn’t offer any Mac OS 9 support or does it any fix for the investigate reports of duplicate files(one empty, one normal) on windows formatted ipods.

This new Beta version has added a proper icon.  This icon donated by Daniel Hachbold is a lot better looking then the one on the Original Beta version of LyriPod; also in this new Beta version is the about window, and LyriPod is now using the GNU General Public License.

License: Freeware
    System Requirements: Mac OS X

• « iPod causing rifts in marriages

New iPATW photo gallery launched »

Comments

very cool!  works fine so far… I don’t agree with some of the lyric interpretations, but that’s nothing to do with your script…

Posted by mvague on January 21, 2004 at 5:32 AM (PDT)

DAMN! Ive been working on the same type of program for windows =

Posted by zeve on January 21, 2004 at 6:02 AM (PDT)

mvague,

In Purple Haze, Jimmy Hendrix really does say “excuse me while I kiss the sky” instead of your interpretation “excuse me while I kiss this guy”.

Posted by dano on January 21, 2004 at 6:24 AM (PDT)

Zeve, keep makin it, I’ll use it.

Posted by Caleb on January 21, 2004 at 6:43 AM (PDT)

(assuming it actually works. wink

Posted by Caleb on January 21, 2004 at 6:43 AM (PDT)

I would use a windows program like this too, keep working on it.

Posted by Nelomimic on January 21, 2004 at 9:08 AM (PDT)

w00t I’ve been working on this too hehe who’s gonna win at the end? muwahaha

Posted by kainjow on January 21, 2004 at 9:29 AM (PDT)

well my idea is that mac ipod owners are gonna win.  As soon as i clean this up some, it will be released as open source software with the intention of encouraging further development.  For instance, right now the program uses one lyrics database, but down the line it’d be nice to have pluggable modules for multiple databases.  I have a number of other ideas, but only so much time.  Thanks for the feedback everyone, keep it coming.

Posted by z.s. on January 21, 2004 at 10:13 AM (PDT)

I still don’t get it. There are many more iPod apps for the Mac then there are for Windows, even though there are more Windows iPod users then there are Mac users…maybe us Mac users are more zealous for our iPods smile

Posted by kainjow on January 21, 2004 at 11:39 AM (PDT)

I know the guy who wrote this and he RAWX! three cheers for nu.gg! he is the ####, yo (email me if you want a date with him ladies!!!)

Posted by jammin on January 21, 2004 at 6:57 PM (PDT)

I keep getting an error with this, it crashes and it does not see any of my mp3 on the ipod

Posted by mama on January 21, 2004 at 7:34 PM (PDT)

LyriPod use lyrics.astraweb.com for it source of lyrics you may go there to add lyrics.  If you find a mistake in any one of their lyrics you might want to email them (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)).  It’s nice to see my name in that article and get mentioned for doing the icon.

Posted by Daniel_4824 in Ontario, Canada on January 26, 2004 at 9:30 AM (PDT)

Why wouldn’t the program be able to use the Lyrics Tag found in MP3s?  The tag is already there.

Posted by keno on January 26, 2004 at 12:22 PM (PDT)