Mac: Podtender 1.0 released - drink recipes on your iPod | iLounge News

Mac: Podtender 1.0 released - drink recipes on your iPod

Podtender is an iPod based mixed drink database with over 900 recipes. It was created for the iPod owner who would like to have another use for their iPod. If you’re at a bar, party or restaurant and the bartender doesn’t know how to mix a requested drink, then pull out your iPod with Podtender and look it up. Or you could be the bartender mixing drinks with Podtender on your iPod jamming to your tunes. Podtender uses the iPod Notes feature to read the database.

License: Shareware $5
System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.3, iPod Firmware 2.0 and 3rd Generation iPod or iPod Mini.

« Update: Apple unveils newest generation iPod

Mac|Windows: InferNote 0.5 released »

Comments

sounds cool. how bout some windows support?

Posted by pigpen65 on July 16, 2004 at 11:18 AM (PDT)

ya…i’d get it right away if it supported windows

Posted by kdizzle in usa on July 16, 2004 at 1:40 PM (PDT)

A windows port would be really easy, I think: just get a guy who has a Mac, use the Mac to install the notes on to the iPod, extract the notes from the iPod and release it simple note form which doen’t require any particular OS, just an OS that write files onto the iPod in disk mode.

Posted by Egosphere on July 16, 2004 at 3:06 PM (PDT)

Oh wait… this is shareware, not freeware, so you can’t redstribute it. Too bad.

Posted by Egosphere on July 16, 2004 at 3:07 PM (PDT)

how do i put access the notes folder to put a txt file on my ipod?

Posted by Joey on July 16, 2004 at 3:10 PM (PDT)

put the ipod in disc mode and read it as you would any drive

Posted by acemilo on July 16, 2004 at 5:56 PM (PDT)

The only thing that makes this thing require Mac OS X is that the download file is a dmg file, but you could maybe use this tool to convert it to ISO and then open it on Windows… http://vu1tur.eu.org/tools/ but if you do, pay for it! smile

Posted by k on July 16, 2004 at 6:07 PM (PDT)

This is the fookin dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

Posted by babooie on July 16, 2004 at 6:24 PM (PDT)

I love having any notes on my Ipod…even better if they are ones about booze! But again…no Windows…meh, give them time. I’m sure one will be out soon enough

Posted by GreyCleric on July 16, 2004 at 10:12 PM (PDT)

I like the Idea but I’d rather have recipes by order of Liquor not by the name of the mix makes things a bit more complicated :-

Posted by AZ on July 16, 2004 at 11:01 PM (PDT)

Great idea…..horrible execution. drinks just want to be FREE, they want to be in the order of the main liquor involved, and the requirements are just ridiculous. i should be able to install this from my amiga.

...i’m a little cranky today, tho….

Posted by largejar on July 17, 2004 at 9:59 AM (PDT)

k:
I tried using that dmg2iso tool and mounted the iso image using Virtual DAEMON. When I try to open the disk through My Computer I get an error message. Have you tried the method that you describe? Can you suggest another method to open the file?

Posted by matt on July 17, 2004 at 12:14 PM (PDT)

Email the author and tell him to just zip the folder instead of making it a dmg. Then anyone can dl it.

Posted by kainjow on July 17, 2004 at 2:07 PM (PDT)

Thank you iPodlounge for posting Podtender. Also, Thank you all for your comments. I have posted a downloadable zip file on the website.
Happy iPoding!

Posted by Enrique Quintero on July 17, 2004 at 6:56 PM (PDT)

I love it! Very cool and a great thing to scroll through while waiting for your tires to be balanced.

Posted by tippy on July 18, 2004 at 9:25 AM (PDT)

can someone uncompress this file so us WindowZ users can use it also? It would be apperciated…

Posted by Newton on July 27, 2004 at 4:59 PM (PDT)

does this work for Ipod Touch?  i cant figure it out.  help would be great smile

Posted by James on August 16, 2008 at 7:54 PM (PDT)