Mac: VoodooPad 1.1 alpha 7 Released
VoodooPad is a new kind of notepad. It’s like having your own personal hypertext library, where you can jot down notes, web addresses, to-do lists… Anything on your mind. VoodooPad automatically links each page together, to form a miniature world wide web, on your desktop! Anybody familiar with the WikiWikiWeb will feel right at home with VoodooPad.
What’s new in v1.1a7:
- Fixed (again) a problem where file drops and pages with the same name would cause unexpected behavior.
- Fixed a problem where links with the german sharp s in them would corrupt the .vdoc
- Fixed a problem (and changing the file format in the process) where certain characters would cause pages to be unarchivable- this problem became apparent when using the Zaphino font and using certain glyphs.
- Added the ability to create aliases for url’s, so you don’t have to type out the whole http://.../ to link to a website. This functionality has been added to the “Page Info” window.
- Fixed a problem where the document’s dirty bit wasn’t updating properly
- Brought the font panel back in the prefs so you can change the default font.
- Fixed some problems where lists were not updated when deletes occured.
- New link,back,forward, and delete contextual menu items.
- Started German/Dutch some localization
- Added an Import menu item that will assist in importing text, rtf, and rtfd documents.
- Create a new document when trying to create a new page and no documents are open.
- Fixed a problem where deleting a page would sometimes crash VoodooPad
License: Shareware $10
System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- Apple ceasing development for Aperture, iPhoto in favor of Photos
- WWDC 2014: All The News You Want To See
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- Report: Apple developing Siri home speaker to rival Amazon’s Echo; will release Siri SDK at WWDC
- iOS Spotlight search now offers relevant results for some emoji
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)