Mac/Windows: BiblePod 1.0 released | iLounge News

Mac/Windows: BiblePod 1.0 released

BiblePod is a new program that allows you to transfer books and chapters from the Bible to your iPod. BiblePod is free and available for Mac and Windows.

License: Freeware
System Requirements: Mac OS 10.2 or greater OR .NET Framework and Windows 2000/XP

« Windows: XPlay 2 released

Vaja to release iPod mini Classic case »

Comments

I’ve been waiting for a scroll wheel for the bible for years! Now I can peruse His Word while listening to AC/DC’s “Highway to Hell.”

Posted by Matt on April 13, 2004 at 12:33 AM (PDT)

grin

Posted by Randy on April 13, 2004 at 2:08 AM (PDT)

lol

Posted by gfsdg on April 13, 2004 at 3:44 AM (PDT)

Or “Stairway to Heaven”

Posted by jerseyfreeze on April 13, 2004 at 4:27 AM (PDT)

isnt it kinda hard to fully understand Jesus’ sacrifice on that tiny screen?

Posted by Longbow on April 13, 2004 at 5:01 AM (PDT)

Thanks a lot for making this, Kainjow! I’ve been looking for a way to get the Bible on my iPod, but all of those book programs just subdivided it into indiscernable separate notes.

Now I have the Bible on my iPod in audio AND text.

I have a question (before I use the BiblePod program)- does it save the Bible straight to the Notes subsection on my iPod or to a different folder? (EX: Extras > Notes > The Bible)

I’m not sure how you have it, but having it in a separate folder would realllly be wise.

That is, if you haven’t already done that yet. smile

Posted by iJman on April 13, 2004 at 6:45 AM (PDT)

Now we have bible thumpers with ipods. Maybe the pope will use an ipod for the bible reading mass.

Posted by WOLF MAN on April 13, 2004 at 7:33 AM (PDT)

I new if I waited long enough that it would come.  I was glad to see this article.  Now I’m gonna try this out.

Posted by iPodite on April 13, 2004 at 8:13 AM (PDT)

iJman - it is saved under Notes > Bible > Chapter Name.

Posted by kainjow on April 13, 2004 at 8:14 AM (PDT)

Hallelujah!!

Posted by gkim on April 13, 2004 at 8:30 AM (PDT)

I am downloading the NIV bible now and I am finding that it will download a number of chapters and then stop.  I’ve waited for about 5 or more minutes and it did not return to downloading the rest of the chapters.  So I just clicked on the ‘X’ and closed the window and then reopened it and started the download over again.  It saves the previous download and it will continue where it left off. Now I am going to see if I can find where it is saving the chapters.

I can’t find the chapters.  They should have made it easier to find the downloaded chapters.  The only Notes folder I see is Notepad and it’s not there.

Posted by iPodite on April 13, 2004 at 10:07 AM (PDT)

Thank God I found the folder.  Hallelujah!

And all of the NT is downloading just fine.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to download this onto my iPod?

Posted by iPodite on April 13, 2004 at 10:14 AM (PDT)

iPodlite, can you email me? kainjow at kainjow dot com - we’ll figure out your problem. Thx

Posted by kainjow on April 13, 2004 at 10:15 AM (PDT)

I downloaded the text and it shows up in the Notes file on the iPod.  I did not have my iPod hooked up to my computer when I was downloading the bible and it saved all the text files to Programs>Selfmade>texts and I just opened the text and I dragged-n-dropped the files onto my iPod and I dismount the iPod to check and the files were there and I was able to read them with no problems.

I guess if you have your iPod hooked up to your computer, it will download directly to the iPod notes section.

Posted by iPodite on April 13, 2004 at 11:53 AM (PDT)

How did you get the NIV version?  All I see is the New King James…are their any other versions available?  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Posted by truthman on April 13, 2004 at 12:15 PM (PDT)

I think it was just a type.

Posted by kainjow on April 13, 2004 at 12:18 PM (PDT)

This program works great and I didn’t have any problems with it working on my iPod.  I was able to read the text just fine.

I now have the entire NT on my iPod.

Thank you for making this program, it’s great and I love.

Thank You!

Posted by iPodite on April 13, 2004 at 12:24 PM (PDT)

truthman:
Go to the website:

sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89078&release_id=182256

then go down and click on sf_bbe.zip>then on one of the mirror links & the download will begin.  When complete unzip & you will see: start get a bible,click on this to open it.  The different versions are listed under Bibles on the tool bar.

You can also go to the site and click on Bibles in basic English>then click on sf_bbe.zip>then on one of the mirror links.

This is how I did it and downloaded the NIV version of the bible.

Posted by iPodite on April 13, 2004 at 12:58 PM (PDT)

Unless I’m mistaken, I don’t think that’s the NIV, but just the Bible in “Basic English” as the XML file says. NIV is copyrighted I believe.

Posted by kainjow on April 13, 2004 at 1:48 PM (PDT)

kainjow,

Happen to know then where I can get an NIV, or even NASB?  I mean, NJKV is cool with me, but I’m used to NIV so it would be nice to have that.  Thanks!

Posted by truthman on April 13, 2004 at 2:35 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >