Mac/Windows: BiblePod 1.0 released | iLounge News

Mac/Windows: BiblePod 1.0 released

BiblePod is a new program that allows you to transfer books and chapters from the Bible to your iPod. BiblePod is free and available for Mac and Windows.

License: Freeware
System Requirements: Mac OS 10.2 or greater OR .NET Framework and Windows 2000/XP

« Windows: XPlay 2 released

Vaja to release iPod mini Classic case »

Comments

I’m on windows, by the way, if that matters

Posted by truthman on April 13, 2004 at 2:37 PM (PDT)

Well like I said it’s copyrighted so I don’t think you will be able to find an actual download of it. Just browsing online is allowed from a few sites like BibleGateway.com

Posted by kainjow on April 13, 2004 at 2:39 PM (PDT)

I’ve been checking what I downloaded against the NIV and, yep, I have a copy of the NIV word for word.

The xml document in the Zefmodule folder,when you click on it, the mircosoft window opens and the document is even titled New International Version.

The file says ‘Get A Bible 1.0.2’ and under bibles on the toolbar are a list of bibles in various versions and one is the NIV and the other english one is KJV.

Posted by iPodite on April 13, 2004 at 3:17 PM (PDT)

OK sweet could you send me the URL that you downloaded it from? The one you posted earlier got me something different.

Posted by kainjow on April 13, 2004 at 3:23 PM (PDT)

It’s the right address.  What I clicked on was the first one listed that says:

Get A Bible 1.0.2 and under it says:
getbible102.zip and I clicked on this.  I checked by clicking on it again and the mirror file.  When it opened to download a message stated that I had already downloaded the file and did I want to replace it.

Posted by iPodite on April 13, 2004 at 4:22 PM (PDT)

iPodite,

Would it be possible to email me the entire NIV version?  Mines keeps getting stuck in Joel…Let me know, thanks

Posted by truthman on April 13, 2004 at 6:18 PM (PDT)

Ok, forget it, I was able to download the entire NIV version.  Now my next question, when I transfer it to my Ipod and try to read it, I only get about 1 chapter and no more.  But when I open the Ipod in Windows Explorer, all the verses and chapters are there.  Any idea on what’s goin on?  Thanks!

Posted by truthman on April 13, 2004 at 8:26 PM (PDT)

Well as we don’t support using other version yet, don’t expect it to work smile

Posted by kainjow on April 14, 2004 at 2:35 AM (PDT)

kanijow,

i emailed you but i wasnt sure if you got it.  im having some problems with Biblepod.  ive put the entire version on my Ipod, but when i try to read some of the books, they freeze up.  some books work, some books don’t, and im not sure how to fix it.  it freezes up when i get to the chapter selection.  any suggestions?  thanks

Posted by truthman on April 14, 2004 at 8:05 AM (PDT)

Truthman:

I found out from Apple that the iPod notes section can’t display text files longer than 4000 characters that’s why it will not display the entire text.  He said if you have a program that will break the text up into smaller files then it is possible.  He gave me info for a program that works only with a Mac computer.  He said he could not find one for Windows.

I’m using Windows XP.  If your using a Mac let me knnow and I’m give you the address for the Mac programs.

Kainjow:

I went back and re-downloaded the biblepod again and it does not download to my iPod.  now I have DAP and all my files download into it.  then the winzip oopens to unzip the biblepod program and it will not transfer the files to my iPod.

I put my iPod on auto update and tried it in disk mode and the biblepod still does not transfer to the iPod.

That’s why I downloaded the ‘Get A Bible’ because I thought that I had downloaded the wrong one since it would not transfer to the iPod.

So, how do I get the biblepod scriptures to transfer to the iPod?

Posted by iPodite on April 14, 2004 at 8:13 AM (PDT)

Please email me if you’re still having issues iPodlite. Don’t use iPodlounge for troubleshooting as you will get nowhere smile

Posted by kainjow on April 14, 2004 at 8:17 AM (PDT)

Ipodite,

How were you able to get your entire NT over to your Ipod then?  I’m also on XP.

Posted by truthman on April 14, 2004 at 9:31 AM (PDT)

truthman:

I used the iPod in disk mode and just dragged-n-dropped it onto the HD.  You will only be able to view part of the text since all of it will not be displayed on the screen do to the 4,000 characters limit.

Just right click on your iPod after you mount it and select the ‘options’ and then select ‘manual’,then I minimize the iTunes window.

Click on ‘start’ then ‘my computer’ and look for your iPod as a removable drive.  Click to open. Then open the ‘notes’ folder.  You can then click on it to open it and just use drag-n-drop the files into it.

Someone at Apple is helping me, so I’m waiting for him to finish his research to see if there is a way to get the entire text onto the iPod to view.  He said it sounds like the text needs to be in smaller size files.  I gave him the website so he could look into it.

If there’s any good news I will come back and post it.

Did you get the biblepod to download onto your iPod?  I couldn’t.

Posted by iPodite on April 14, 2004 at 1:35 PM (PDT)

I’ve been having trouble getting the NIV version for my iPod. I tried all the instructions and am still not getting anywhere. Could someone e-mail it to me or something? Thanks…

Posted by Matt on April 30, 2004 at 7:05 PM (PDT)

well mine takes forever to load here. I got the 20GB. does that have something to do with the 400character limit? and is that per note or for the whole notes section? I want to have the whole thing on here but if it takes hours to load its not worth it. What am i doing wrong?

Posted by VegaOrion on May 17, 2004 at 5:04 AM (PDT)

The iPod can only read 1000 notes, so you can’t have the entire Bible on there. I tested it with loading 1000 notes and it’s over 6 minutes, so yea that’s why the app lets you choose chapter by chapter smile

Posted by kainjow on May 17, 2004 at 5:33 AM (PDT)

i have the NIV, NASB, NKJV, NLT and many, many more Bibles. please email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) for more information.
they are all downloaded from biblegateway.com, and placed in seperate rtf files per chapter. so please, email me. it’s better to read God’s Word on a tiny iPod screen than not at all!

Posted by pete on June 12, 2004 at 4:40 AM (PDT)

G’day All,

I want to get the NIV Bible on my ipod. What’s the best way to do that? Thanks for your help.

JK

Posted by JK on March 15, 2006 at 7:11 PM (PDT)

when i click download it says i dont have permission or something whats up w/ that?

Posted by derrick on August 6, 2006 at 3:25 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2