Mac/Windows: iPod Bible 1.0 released | iLounge News

Mac/Windows: iPod Bible 1.0 released

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Thursday, August 5, 2004
News Categories: Mac Software

This is simply a free collection of specially formatted text files of the King James Version of the Holy Bible for viewing on the iPod.

License: Freeware
System Requirements: iPod mini and iPod (with Dock Connector) models running iPod 2.0 software or higher, Mac OS X or Windows.

« Future Sonics Ears model EM3 for $99

Apple details iPod sales info in SEC filing »

Comments

when can we get the koran? i’ve been waiting forever. seriously, come on

Posted by seriously on August 5, 2004 at 12:06 PM (PDT)

I think this is great, definitely going to get it.(As soon as my mini ships.)

Posted by WaSAi-mikE on August 5, 2004 at 12:52 PM (PDT)

Uh http://www.kainjow.com/biblepod/ grin

Posted by kainjow on August 5, 2004 at 1:34 PM (PDT)

Whew, at least it was _FREE_ unlike so much other stuff for the iPod. If it was not free then I would lose all faith in the innate goodness of humanity.

Posted by Sraphim on August 5, 2004 at 8:39 PM (PDT)

i think this is crap, anyone dumb enough to download it and actually use it (not only wasting theyre ipod battery juice) but is a waste of iPod usage and should carry around a pocket bible if they are that much of a freak…

in otherwords, my opinion is if one of my friends used this program i would kick them in the nuts.

Posted by jotty on August 5, 2004 at 9:01 PM (PDT)

Holy water is a retail item.

Where’s that faith in humanity now?

Posted by Guess what Seraphim... on August 5, 2004 at 9:52 PM (PDT)

jotty

Why be such an ###. I’m sure no-one insults you because of what you do (though i’m sure they now should).

Just because someone belives differently to you doesn’t mean you have to attempt to make fun of them.

This seems a nice product, and i’m sure many people wil get a use out of it.

Posted by XanDaMan on August 6, 2004 at 2:13 AM (PDT)

stole the words from my mouth DaMan

Posted by Rigby on August 6, 2004 at 2:20 AM (PDT)

Jotty: “...if one of my friends used this program i would kick them in the nuts”

ah, do you have any friends TO kick in the nuts? Be honest, God is listening.

Posted by jcs on August 6, 2004 at 8:35 AM (PDT)

So…how many of you have been walking around, at work, at school, driving in your car, sleeping…and suddenly thought:
“Holy ####, I need to look up that scripture right now! If only I had an easily browsable digital bible!”.
Well, at least I never have.

Posted by iSpider on August 6, 2004 at 9:59 AM (PDT)

People who read the Bible in public generally are freaks. That’s not my opinion, it is a well-established fact, supported by years of research.

Further, what’s the point of this product? Why not just take the Bible with you?

Posted by Oxhead on August 6, 2004 at 11:42 AM (PDT)

i’m no bible thumper but i do believe this is a great product. I go to a private college which is religious based, having no idea of what the bible is saying this thing will come in handy during tests.

Posted by stefan on August 6, 2004 at 12:04 PM (PDT)

Where’s my Torah? Dammit. Us Jews are the Chosen People. :D

Posted by SupaJoo on August 7, 2004 at 2:27 PM (PDT)

this seems like kind of a waste. seems like it would be really annoying trying to navigate the bible on a tiny little screen such as the ipod’s. why not just carry a pocket bible (as jotty said) if it means so much to you? the ipod is meant to provide portability for things which are not usually portable (music, books, etc). but the bible you could just as easy carry around in your back pocket if you wanted to. why take up valuable ipod space for it?

Posted by SmoothOperator on August 7, 2004 at 5:55 PM (PDT)

If Jesus had an iPod, what would be on his “Workout Music” playlist?

Posted by Chimpee on August 7, 2004 at 6:00 PM (PDT)

Chimpee, I have one word for you… LOL :D

(Yes I know its an acronym and not a word.)

Posted by Taavi on August 7, 2004 at 9:47 PM (PDT)

Tried this myself. Personally, I don’t like reading off an iPod screen for too long. If you own a PDA or Pocket PC, you probably already have a nicer bible program on it.

Loads of Koran and Torah programs out there too. Free as well I think.

Rant: It amazes me how many idiots out there complain about the intolerance of religions and are intolerant of anything themselves. Stop whining and get your ### out there and do something useful. It’s much easier to complain than to believe in anything at all.

Jesus’ playlist? Stairway To Heaven should be in there somewhere…..... raspberry

Posted by holyhandpod on August 8, 2004 at 1:44 AM (PDT)

I wish someone would make a different translation available. I hate the King James version.

Posted by ItsJustMe on August 8, 2004 at 5:09 AM (PDT)

god dont like hate so when you say that you hate the bible or a version of it, your doing exactly what god dont want you to do, you idiot, i bet you have a zen, oh dear

Posted by itsjustme is gay on August 8, 2004 at 7:11 AM (PDT)

now i can be a bible thumper while thumping to eazy e

Posted by hmmmm on August 8, 2004 at 8:20 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >