Mac/Windows: iTunes 4.6 released | iLounge News

Mac/Windows: iTunes 4.6 released

You can use iTunes to create your own personal digital music library and easily organize and listen to your collection of digital music files. You can also create your own custom audio CDs and transfer your music to an Apple iPod portable digital music player. If you are installing iTunes for use with an iPod, after installing iTunes, use the cable that came with your iPod to connect your iPod to your computer.

What’s new in this version:

iTunes 4.6 includes support for playing your music wirelessly using AirPort Express with AirTunes.  It also includes a number of other minor enhancements.

License: Freeware
System Requirements: Mac OS X v10.1.5 or later,
Mac OS X v10.3 required for AirPort Express OR Windows XP or 2000

« MTV Movie Awards includes iPod mini gift bag

LoadPod comes to San Francisco »

Comments

yea am i first?

and where can i find the minor advances….the apple site wasnt to detailed

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 12:32 PM (CDT)

any memory fixes?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 12:33 PM (CDT)

I doubt they did it but i wish they would make it possible to share file imformation between authorized computers and the ipod via rondevous and/ or the ipod. What I mean is a use selctable option of sharing ratings, track info, times, played, eq settings, etc.

Would make life far simplier for those of us who maintain our libraries on more than one computer.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 12:40 PM (CDT)

Is there an iPod update to go along with this?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 12:42 PM (CDT)

I’d like to know exactly what the minor enhancements are also. However, Apple never seems to specify exactly what they are in its s/w updates. Or, if they do, it is almost hidden on their site.
Guess I won’t update yet then

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 12:46 PM (CDT)

Well that was an anticlimax. Theres is nothing changed as far as I can see. Guess I’m going to have to wait for my airport express to see the differences.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 1:31 PM (CDT)

Two fundamental changes here:

1)  AirPort Express/AirTunes Compatibility

2)  !! iTMS Songs de-protected with Hymn (Formerly PlayFair) no longer work.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 1:40 PM (CDT)

“iTMS Songs de-protected with Hymn (Formerly PlayFair) no longer work.”

I believe someone said this would happen in IPL a few days ago.

Apple is *so* predictable.

But the Hymn people will quickly update.

Does this mean we can now look forward to twice-monthly iTunes updates?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 1:50 PM (CDT)

Bah, I want Compilation groupings on my iPod, and I want it NOW.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 2:15 PM (CDT)

I agree with you about the Compilation grouping… I’m baffled why it isn’t already, since it is in iTunes.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 2:25 PM (CDT)

maybe the hidden info has to do with the upcoming 4G iPod with built-in wireless device?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 3:33 PM (CDT)

There is an option uder visualizer for always on top (if you had not already istalled the plugin) It works when you do the mini mode ( ctrl+m)

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 4:35 PM (CDT)

before i install has anybody had any problems especially with the mplugin or anything else?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 4:37 PM (CDT)

Actually, my info on Hymn appears to have been mistaken.  Sorry.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 8:26 PM (CDT)

wait, so does it disable hymn-ed songs or not?  Because I have backups of all of my songs, but I wouldn’t like to have to go through that process…

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 9, 2004 at 10:08 PM (CDT)

When are they going to include gapless playback!!!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 10, 2004 at 4:36 AM (CDT)

hear hear on the gapless playback! an absolute MUST if it’s at at all possible.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 10, 2004 at 7:32 AM (CDT)

uhhh.. gapless playback has been in iTunes for a while now…

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 10, 2004 at 9:12 AM (CDT)

after i update my itunes, I cannot find my ipod in itunes!!

The ipod drive can be found normally in “My Computer”, and I am using Windows XP

I have reinstall the updater but it does not work

anyone else face this problem also?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 10, 2004 at 9:15 AM (CDT)

For “gapless” playback go to…

- Edit > Preferences > Effects…
- Make sure the “Crossfade Playback” box is checked and set the amount of seconds you wish to overlap songs.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 10, 2004 at 10:04 AM (CDT)