Mac/Windows: PodUtil 2.5 released
PodUtil is an easy-to-use utility for viewing the songs on your iPod and copying them in a customisable organised manner to your computer, and will automatically add them to iTunes and rebuild your playlists if you wish.
What’s new in this version:
PodUtil’s interface has been completely reworked in 2.5, allowing all your music and copy settings to be displayed on one window, removing the need to have the counter-intuitive tabs. Along with this change, PodUtil now gives much better feedback on how it’s doing when copying your songs. Small icons appear by the songs to let you know their status at-a-glance. Plus, if you run PodUtil on Mac OS X, it places a progress bar in it’s dock icon, allowing you to see how the copy is going without having to switch away from what you’re doing.
Playlist and iTunes Support
PodUtil now reads the playlists from your iPod and presents them to you in a friendly, graceful manner. If you wish, PodUtil can now rebuild the playlists from your iPod into iTunes, saving hours of time reconstructing your precious playlists after moving to a new computer or recovering from lost music.
PodUtil copying engine has been rebuilt, meaning that copy errors happen far less often and PodUtil can recover from them gracefully should they ever occur.
You can now customise PodUtil to suit your iPod and needs. Tell PodUtil what kind of iPod you have and it’s appearence changes to suit.
This is just an overview of the major new features and changes. PodUtil 2.5 has been improved in every single area, and underwent a month-long private test to make sure it is as polished as can be. For more complete release notes, see here.
License: Shareware $5.00
System Requirements: 2000 or XP
- Apple ceasing development for Aperture, iPhoto in favor of Photos
- WWDC 2014: All The News You Want To See
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Apple highlights more Apple Watch info
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0