Mac/Windows: PodUtil 2.5 released
PodUtil is an easy-to-use utility for viewing the songs on your iPod and copying them in a customisable organised manner to your computer, and will automatically add them to iTunes and rebuild your playlists if you wish.
What’s new in this version:
PodUtil’s interface has been completely reworked in 2.5, allowing all your music and copy settings to be displayed on one window, removing the need to have the counter-intuitive tabs. Along with this change, PodUtil now gives much better feedback on how it’s doing when copying your songs. Small icons appear by the songs to let you know their status at-a-glance. Plus, if you run PodUtil on Mac OS X, it places a progress bar in it’s dock icon, allowing you to see how the copy is going without having to switch away from what you’re doing.
Playlist and iTunes Support
PodUtil now reads the playlists from your iPod and presents them to you in a friendly, graceful manner. If you wish, PodUtil can now rebuild the playlists from your iPod into iTunes, saving hours of time reconstructing your precious playlists after moving to a new computer or recovering from lost music.
PodUtil copying engine has been rebuilt, meaning that copy errors happen far less often and PodUtil can recover from them gracefully should they ever occur.
You can now customise PodUtil to suit your iPod and needs. Tell PodUtil what kind of iPod you have and it’s appearence changes to suit.
This is just an overview of the major new features and changes. PodUtil 2.5 has been improved in every single area, and underwent a month-long private test to make sure it is as polished as can be. For more complete release notes, see here.
License: Shareware $5.00
System Requirements: 2000 or XP
- Apple ceasing development for Aperture, iPhoto in favor of Photos
- WWDC 2014: All The News You Want To See
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?