Mac/Windows: PodUtil 2.5 released
PodUtil is an easy-to-use utility for viewing the songs on your iPod and copying them in a customisable organised manner to your computer, and will automatically add them to iTunes and rebuild your playlists if you wish.
What’s new in this version:
PodUtil’s interface has been completely reworked in 2.5, allowing all your music and copy settings to be displayed on one window, removing the need to have the counter-intuitive tabs. Along with this change, PodUtil now gives much better feedback on how it’s doing when copying your songs. Small icons appear by the songs to let you know their status at-a-glance. Plus, if you run PodUtil on Mac OS X, it places a progress bar in it’s dock icon, allowing you to see how the copy is going without having to switch away from what you’re doing.
Playlist and iTunes Support
PodUtil now reads the playlists from your iPod and presents them to you in a friendly, graceful manner. If you wish, PodUtil can now rebuild the playlists from your iPod into iTunes, saving hours of time reconstructing your precious playlists after moving to a new computer or recovering from lost music.
PodUtil copying engine has been rebuilt, meaning that copy errors happen far less often and PodUtil can recover from them gracefully should they ever occur.
You can now customise PodUtil to suit your iPod and needs. Tell PodUtil what kind of iPod you have and it’s appearence changes to suit.
This is just an overview of the major new features and changes. PodUtil 2.5 has been improved in every single area, and underwent a month-long private test to make sure it is as polished as can be. For more complete release notes, see here.
License: Shareware $5.00
System Requirements: 2000 or XP
- Apple ceasing development for Aperture, iPhoto in favor of Photos
- WWDC 2014: All The News You Want To See
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014