MacBlog: The New iPod mini - is Smaller Better? | iLounge News

MacBlog: The New iPod mini - is Smaller Better?

“But if you ignore the price issue, there is another question that could make or break the iPod mini: its size. Is smaller better? Are people willing to plunk down $249 (plus tax) for a device that’s small enough to be easily lost or forgotten? A friend recently told me that when shopping for a new cell phone she wanted the largest one she could find, because phones are all so small that they’re easy to misplace.”

« iPod-based ‘HP Digital Music Player’ unveiled

iPod 10GB for $249 »

Comments

If the mainstream has the same mentality about the iPod they have about cell phones. The money will be paid for the size.

Posted by RegalBegal on January 9, 2004 at 8:35 AM (PDT)

$100 bills are pretty small, I don’t have any problem ever losing them though. If you are going to pay $250 for your iPod or iPodmini, I’d like to think you would be able to keep track of it. I know accidents happen, but come on.

Posted by BigIzz on January 9, 2004 at 8:43 AM (PDT)

I don’t that’s such a big issue. People have small phones and I’ve not heard anyone complain about it being too small to keep track of. Most of the smaller phones are abou the size the of the min, maybe a smidge larger.

Yes, women can fit them into purses, but men also just stick them into the coin pocket on their jeans. It’s also most like it was designed to do so. Or simply clip it to your pant waist or belt. No need ot leave it lying around and rick leaving it behind.

Posted by Nipith on January 9, 2004 at 8:50 AM (PDT)

I second BigIzz.

Posted by lampiaio on January 9, 2004 at 9:07 AM (PDT)

How does a blog entry get put into the “News” section? This is just some #####’s random ramblings - hardly newsworthy.

Posted by Atomic Bomb in Mid-Atlantic on January 9, 2004 at 9:12 AM (PDT)

Its here because you are not the owner of this site. Go start your own site and put stuff you feel newsworthy up on it… until then… if you dont like what they post.. dont come here…

Posted by Ed on January 9, 2004 at 9:34 AM (PDT)

Lol! That blogging is stupid! Will people want smaller size? Ofcourse! Just look at the mobilephone market…

Posted by Sparks9 on January 9, 2004 at 10:41 AM (PDT)

Yikes! Ed is a little testy today. Take a pill, buddy. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Posted by Atomic Bomb in Mid-Atlantic on January 9, 2004 at 10:49 AM (PDT)

the mini is so small n sexy it makes me climax and i don’t even have mine yet. (PINK!) but im trying to imagine how many situations would make me lose the mini when i would NOT lose the regular ipod. ya know, it just can’t imagine it being a problem smile

Posted by Mac Beth on January 9, 2004 at 10:57 AM (PDT)

I lose my cell phone and iPod constantly. Yeah they are small, but if you can’t keep track of these expensive devices then it’s your own fault.

I hate when people blame everything except themselves for their own stupidity.

Posted by narco in Burbank on January 9, 2004 at 11:08 AM (PDT)

I left my house once and forgot where I lived. I was so upset that I had lost all my stuff. If only someone had chained me to my house? Or perhaps installed a huge beacon so I could more easily find it.

Posted by Atomic Bomb in Mid-Atlantic on January 9, 2004 at 11:13 AM (PDT)

USELESS POST.

someone’s blog makes it in the news?

here’s mine:

“iPod lounge is crap.”

Posted by iPod on January 9, 2004 at 11:24 AM (PDT)

ipod mini will not be a success

Posted by kades on January 9, 2004 at 11:55 AM (PDT)

kades: Thanks for letting me know. I’ll make sure my local independent Mac dealer relays that information to the 460 people on his iPod mini waiting list.

Posted by Atomic Bomb in Mid-Atlantic on January 9, 2004 at 11:59 AM (PDT)

you’re welcome

Posted by kades on January 9, 2004 at 12:02 PM (PDT)

This excuse is riducous.
You’re using the same excuse Zen and other HDD based mp3 users use when trying to put down the iPod.

Posted by iPodUser on January 9, 2004 at 12:03 PM (PDT)

If you lose something…...Don’t blame the size of the object…...Instead - blame the size of your brain!!!

Pea brain…...........

Posted by Shakespear on January 9, 2004 at 12:26 PM (PDT)

what about all the Flash-based players? some of them are fcuking like a lipstick size - which reminds me, women have a solution called “handbag” where usually their whole life goes into it, and they always seems to have no problem finding things (sometimes by empying the content just to find that lipstick).

Posted by voodoo on January 9, 2004 at 12:26 PM (PDT)

This is for the 460 on the waiting list for the iPod Mini…..

“SUCKERS!!!!”

He he he he he

Posted by Shakespear on January 9, 2004 at 12:36 PM (PDT)

i know lets plunk down another 150 bucks and implant a gps tracker in it!! lololololol
the miniPods may be smaller but the original white ones still look cooler

Posted by ari on January 9, 2004 at 12:43 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >