MacMice Announces the GPerch for iPod | iLounge News

MacMice Announces the GPerch for iPod

pic MacMice, the company behind the DVBase and PodPerch stand designs are at it again. This time they have announced an all aluminum stand for all iPod models, and the design pays homage to the recently released Apple Power Mac G5. The GPerch is priced at $39.99 and is now available for pre-order. Shipping is expected to start July 15th.

“The perforated aluminum cradle inside the GPerch is CNC pattern punched. The outer frame is CNC laser cut and then precisely formed to shape on a CNC press brake. The final fabrication process is the delicate spot welds used to attach the cradle to the frame.”

« Apple discontinues old iPod remote

Vaja announces new Classic cases for dock iPods »

Comments

Geeeese ! How big is that thing?  I’m sticking with the dock that came with my pod

Posted by jsmoove7 on July 2, 2003 at 7:03 AM (CDT)

That is one of the sweetest docks I have seen. Although I agree with the comment about the size. I really need a dock for my 5GB ‘Pod so this might be the one.

Posted by cozzie on July 2, 2003 at 7:27 AM (CDT)

JEEEZ that thing is HUGE… (first thing my 1st girlfriend said to me)

no thanks.. I agree with the 1st poster and will stick with th original dock

Posted by Eupher on July 2, 2003 at 7:58 AM (CDT)

This whole aluminum thing is just plain ugly to me. Reminds me of a restaurant kitchen.

Posted by Greg on July 2, 2003 at 8:53 AM (CDT)

If ANYTHING looks like a cheese grater, it’s this. I thought the G5 descriptions were over-the-top, but applied to this stand they are well-deserved.

Posted by Colonelbobo on July 2, 2003 at 9:28 AM (CDT)

wow, no thanks.  i’m not sticking my ipod, which gets scratched when i look at it cross eyed, into a big metal cheese grater.

Posted by clear blue on July 2, 2003 at 10:13 AM (CDT)

mmm…. cheese grater for sure.  this how about this for old skool?  :D http://www.geocities.com/tobyjackson19/iPODstand.html

Posted by innervision on July 2, 2003 at 8:40 PM (CDT)

U-G-L-Y!

Posted by jeff on July 3, 2003 at 9:52 AM (CDT)

That stand would look awesome next to a G5, you have to admit.  I think it looks great.

Posted by dropshadow on July 5, 2003 at 2:40 PM (CDT)

I don’t think so dropshadow..
I believe the G5 is made out of titanium and this piece of metal is made out of stainless steel…
one of my suggestions though…
I bought a dock from bookendzdocks and it works well.
the site name is
www.bookendzdocks.com
and click bookendz…

Posted by 20GB iPod in Canada on July 6, 2003 at 3:09 PM (CDT)