MacPhun releases Silent Film Director
MacPhun has released Silent Film Director, a new creative video editing app that allows users to turn their video clips into old-style movies ranging from the silent films of the Charlie Chaplin era to retro music clips from the days of Elvis Presley. The app allows users to choose video effects, customize quality and speed of video playback and add soundtracks, title cards, special transitions and photos. Silent Film Director includes several predefined video effects that depict milestones in the movie industry including silent films from the 20s, vintage movies from the 50s and home videos of the 60s and 70s. Users can use their own soundtracks from the iPod library, upload music from their computer or choose from a variety of appropriate built-in soundtracks. Source video can be imported from the device’s camera roll or transferred into the app using iTunes File Sharing. Finished movies can be rendered in low, normal, high or HD quality and shared via YouTube, Facebook, e-mail or saved to the device’s camera roll. Silent Film Director is available in both standard and pro versions; the pro version, available via an in-app purchase upgrade, adds enhanced features such as silent film themed title cards and additional transitions, video editing options, and video and picture mixing features. Silent Film Director is available from the App Store for $1, with the upgrade to the Pro version available via in-app purchase for an additional $1. Users of the appropriate version of MacPhun’s prior Vintage Video Maker app will receive Silent Film Director as a free update.
- An Octave Higher, Broken Age, Week Weather, Apple Store, Amazon Instant Video + more
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?