MacPhun releases Silent Film Director
MacPhun has released Silent Film Director, a new creative video editing app that allows users to turn their video clips into old-style movies ranging from the silent films of the Charlie Chaplin era to retro music clips from the days of Elvis Presley. The app allows users to choose video effects, customize quality and speed of video playback and add soundtracks, title cards, special transitions and photos. Silent Film Director includes several predefined video effects that depict milestones in the movie industry including silent films from the 20s, vintage movies from the 50s and home videos of the 60s and 70s. Users can use their own soundtracks from the iPod library, upload music from their computer or choose from a variety of appropriate built-in soundtracks. Source video can be imported from the device’s camera roll or transferred into the app using iTunes File Sharing. Finished movies can be rendered in low, normal, high or HD quality and shared via YouTube, Facebook, e-mail or saved to the device’s camera roll. Silent Film Director is available in both standard and pro versions; the pro version, available via an in-app purchase upgrade, adds enhanced features such as silent film themed title cards and additional transitions, video editing options, and video and picture mixing features. Silent Film Director is available from the App Store for $1, with the upgrade to the Pro version available via in-app purchase for an additional $1. Users of the appropriate version of MacPhun’s prior Vintage Video Maker app will receive Silent Film Director as a free update.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
- Apple readmits marijuana-related app to App Store
- Microsoft Outlook, Timeline, Mean Girls: The Game + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?