MacSkinz releases limited artist series PodSkinz | iLounge News

MacSkinz releases limited artist series PodSkinz

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Monday, October 25, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

picMacSkinz has released limited artist series PodSkinz. These were designed by accomplished, well known artists with a world-wide following. Each design is limited to 100 units. PodSkinz are also now available in all sizes for 3G and 4G iPods including the larger capacity models. PodSkins retail for $50 for a set of front and back panels.

« Speck Products releases 4G SkinTight Armband

Pyrim releases white Rock Docks and Micro Rock Dock »

Comments

FINALLY, back covers for the 4g 40gig! That’s the real news here, the art designs are OK at best.

.narco

Posted by narco in Burbank on October 25, 2004 at 2:17 PM (PDT)

am i the only person alive who thinks putting skins on an ipod should be a crime?

Posted by dave on October 25, 2004 at 7:07 PM (PDT)

I have one (the polish aluminium) It’s one of the best ways to protect my iPod, besides (at least for me and many others) it looks nice. My 4th gen iPod is my 3rd one, and so far I tried many cases, the Showcase AND MacSkinz are the best. IPods are a beautiful designed product, but lets face it, they are delicate… and I don’t like scratches on it wink

Posted by elwilly on October 25, 2004 at 7:49 PM (PDT)

I have the “simulated rosewood” face & backplates for my 4g 20gb.  I actually like it - fits well, looks sharp and is very scratch resistant. It disguises the iPod well for those of you who just want to be low-key and don’t want to show off that you own an iPod (I don’t want to be drawing too much attention to my iPod on the New York City subways…). The only problem is that the “vinyl strips” that hold the two plates together are UGLY. I wish MacSkinz had come up with a way to just snap on the two plates together instead of using these adhesive strips. I’ve just been using regular scotch tape which looks much better.

Posted by mokenstef in NYC on October 26, 2004 at 4:39 AM (PDT)

The “obvious” invisible tape is a GREAT solution… I agree with mokenstef, the stripes (white or black) ar fugly. MacSkinz, you guys have a very good product, why not improving it a little?

Posted by elwilly on October 26, 2004 at 5:07 AM (PDT)

Hey all,
You have no idea how difficult it has been to find the following for the perimeter strips:
1) clear
2) removable
3) single sided
4) resilient
5) with a carrier (paper backing)

The good news is that we have just found it and it appears to work well. It should be available very soon.

Doug

Posted by macskinz on October 26, 2004 at 6:28 AM (PDT)

When will the new tape be available?

Posted by Zinger in Deerfield on December 31, 2004 at 1:36 PM (PDT)

MacSkinz look great on their website, but on some of their products, specifically the UK flag, they keep pushing the delivery date out a week at a time with no end in sight! They’ve pushed the date out at least four times that I’m aware of and have not yet responded to an email after four weeks - Not exactly good customer service or accurate delivery dates…. Disenchanted yet still hopefull I’ll get one eventually

Posted by Robert on August 24, 2005 at 6:31 PM (PDT)