Mac|Windows: iKnow F1 - Formula One on your iPod released | iLounge News

Mac|Windows: iKnow F1 - Formula One on your iPod released

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Thursday, March 18, 2004
News Categories: Mac Software

KIMI::STUFF presents iKnow F1 - a F1 [racing] encyclopedia for your iPod, so you can check up on just those kind of things on the tube, bus, plane, in the car (so long as you’re not driving),  in the pub - wherever and whenever you want.

License: Freeware
System Requirements: To use the F1 iCal, you will require an Apple Macintosh computer running Mac OSX 10.2 (Jaguar) or above and iCal. You can also use F1 on Windows.

« iPod racer video

It’s all about the iPod? »

Comments

This is awesome for any f1 lover!  Plus it’s Free, what more can you ask for.

Posted by Dan on March 18, 2004 at 10:49 AM (PDT)

Awesome, great for us F1 fans.

Posted by Joey on March 18, 2004 at 12:30 PM (PDT)

Yup, now if it was for Windows.  Sorry

Posted by W9FIF on March 18, 2004 at 12:51 PM (PDT)

It IS for windows/mac isn’t it?  Its a matter of drag and drop into notes folder, i think its the iCal u need a mac for…

Posted by Dan on March 18, 2004 at 1:02 PM (PDT)

Yay for F1. It rules. I don’t have a ipod though.

Posted by Shitdick on March 18, 2004 at 1:47 PM (PDT)

f1?  wtf

Posted by dave on March 18, 2004 at 2:05 PM (PDT)

FORMULA 1 RACING

Posted by Dan on March 18, 2004 at 2:05 PM (PDT)

does it work with Windows?  I don’t touch the stuff but I have a really good friend who is into iPod and F1 racing but he does windows… when you go to the kimistuff.com web site, it says you need iCal. Has anyone used this without iCal and on the Windows pf?

Posted by ausitn on March 18, 2004 at 4:54 PM (PDT)

ausitn, you don’t need iCal for this to work. You simple drag the folder full of files into the “Notes” folder on the iPod. I think the mention of iCal was in reference to an older version of the iKnow F1.

Posted by AndyH on March 18, 2004 at 5:18 PM (PDT)

I expected more interactive text content for iPod before now… cool to see it happening!

Posted by Nagromme on March 18, 2004 at 5:26 PM (PDT)

What’s “interactive” about it Nagromme you dipshit?

Posted by Idiot Slayer on March 18, 2004 at 10:48 PM (PDT)

What is “Nagromme”? I’ve never heard of it.

Posted by WOLFMAN on March 19, 2004 at 4:09 AM (PDT)

wow, what a crappy idea for a program.  Who cares about F1 racing anyway?  It is retarded.  Just like the time spent in making this program.  If you are going to make a program that is also compatible for windows at least make it equivalent to some of the programs that have been coming out for mac but aren’t for windows.

Posted by Jon on March 19, 2004 at 5:08 AM (PDT)

Wow, jon! I certainly care about F1 so that answers your question. Its a great idea really very interesting.

Other then that, the ipod is made by apple so wouldnt you expect the Mac consumers to get the perks of an apple product. It doesnt bother me really. Its basically like saying BMW have released the most high tech suspension there is yet i have an Aston Martin (oh i wish) why cant i have it for my car and not just the downgraded BMW suspension. Oh boo hoo.

Posted by F1 Fan on March 19, 2004 at 9:41 AM (PDT)

Jon - Gets higher worldwide ratings than every sport but World Cup Soccer. NBA, MLB, NFL, etc., worldwide, don’t compete. Broadcast in 200+ countries with nearly 3 billion annual viewers. Billion.

‘Cept yer WWF is probably much more interesting to you.

Posted by Mortimer on March 19, 2004 at 1:37 PM (PDT)

Is it me or does every news item on here provoke some young tit?

Posted by Jonathan Webley on March 19, 2004 at 10:10 PM (PDT)

Thanks for the comments - I don’t know why that system reqs bit has been posted (it appears to be lifted from my F1 iCal page), my website certainly makes clear it’s purely a standard iPod req (“Notes” needs to be on it, that’s pretty much it) - and yes, as far as I’m aware it is absolutely NOT platform specific….
Helpful suggestions for expanding and improving it are more than welcome.
Cheers, gb

Posted by kimistuff in London, UK on March 20, 2004 at 1:47 AM (PDT)

I have a 3g 40G ipod but it didn’t have a “Notes” folder in it. So….“File>create new folder” and wala, there it was. The timing is interesting on this because I am about to publish my first book on Formula One and specifically on the 1992 Williams FW14B.

Thanks Kimistuff!!!

Posted by drewske on March 20, 2004 at 8:43 AM (PDT)

Just wondering if there will be regular updates to the notes so as to keep up with the current races.

oh, and well done Jenson Button in him getting his first ever podium…..

Posted by F1 Fan on March 21, 2004 at 7:10 AM (PDT)

Are you kidding me people? F1 racing?  A waste of gas is what it is?  All you watch it for is to wait till someone crashes.

And no, WWF sucks!  That isn’t even a real sport.  Although I wouldn’t like an encyclopedia about any sport it would be better if it was for MLB soccer!  Or Basketball!

Seriously, who gives a flying **** about F1 Racing.  You know who?  The same people that watch Nascar and formula 1 racing.  Basically all of that is a giant repeated loop.  WOW, I can drive in a loop 250 times!  Give me a metal.  I will agree that racing does require a certain degree of mental and physical strength but really, racing is a waste of our resources.

Posted by Jon on March 21, 2004 at 12:47 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >