Mac|Windows: iTunes 4.7 released | iLounge News

Mac|Windows: iTunes 4.7 released

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Tuesday, October 26, 2004
News Categories: iTunes

iTunes lets you create libraries of your favorite music which you can play on your computer or portable MP3 player. You can even burn your own custom CDs with the push of a button.

What’s New: iTunes has been updated to include support for moving photos to iPod photo, better handling of duplicate songs, and a mini player in the Windows task bar. In addition to the U.K, France, and Germany, the iTunes Music Store is now available in the following European countries: Austria, Belgium, Finland, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, and Spain. It now has Artist Alerts (notification when new material from your favorite artists is added to the store), and the ability to search for iMixes by title.

« Apple announces iPod Socks

Mac|Windows: iPod Updater 2004-10-20 released »

Comments

All these new enhancements would be wonderful if only Apple had fixed the fact that I have yet to be able to successfully burn a CD on my WinXP machine!

Posted by PodMeBabyOneMoreTime on October 26, 2004 at 1:23 PM (PDT)

i still would like to search by label… say, all artists within Astralwerks

Posted by timmins on October 26, 2004 at 6:57 PM (PDT)

you can if you go ahead and make a comment on each song by Astralwerks

Posted by zeve on October 26, 2004 at 7:15 PM (PDT)

For iTunes for Windows they also finally allow you to Minimize to the System Tray, instead of having to have it waste space in the Task Bar all the time.

Posted by Jon in Seattle, WA on October 26, 2004 at 11:29 PM (PDT)

You cannot use custom bitrates for importing CDs in this version!  How in the heck does a bug like that get through testing?

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on October 27, 2004 at 12:26 AM (PDT)

Maybe they headhunted someone from MS’ Mediaplayerdivision =)

Posted by Gill Bates on October 27, 2004 at 12:49 AM (PDT)

Does the “task bar” iTunes player work for you? Mine just doesn’t show… it even managed to crash explorer once.

Posted by Tom on October 27, 2004 at 1:42 AM (PDT)

THIS IS GREAT!!! smile

After only Three Months the mighty 4G ‘Pod’s get kicked to the Curb! smile

Welcome to 3G Hell Guys’!!!

iPod OS ~Firmware~ 28.10.2004

iPod: Photo 1.0
ipod Mini   1.1 (No Change)
1/2G iPods’ 1.4 (No Change)
3G ipods’  2.2 (No Change)
4G iPods’  3.0.1 (No Change)

Way to go Apple!!!

Posted by Ichijoe on October 27, 2004 at 2:14 AM (PDT)

:Opps: Sorry I misclicked on the above statement…. =(

Posted by Ichijoe on October 27, 2004 at 2:16 AM (PDT)

I can’t display chinese songs names any more with this version

Posted by quentin in France on October 27, 2004 at 2:24 AM (PDT)

Hi Gill,

I have not gotten the task bar player to work either. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I am glad they added the color screen, but am also glad to be a 4G owner. That is just not a feature I would want to shell out $100 for (not to mention I only need a 20GB player).

Brian

Posted by Brian Lennon in Nashville, TN on October 27, 2004 at 3:09 AM (PDT)

Galley, are you on a PC? ‘cause on my mac, I can still do custom bitrates, wouldn’t have it any other way!

Posted by mvague on October 27, 2004 at 3:39 AM (PDT)

Little Quiz:
They launched iTunes Shop in every country that is surrounding me, but not in my own.

There is actually just one solution as far as I can see.

Posted by PowerMax on October 27, 2004 at 3:53 AM (PDT)

Kicked to the curb? Isn’t the U2 iPod just a Special Edition of the 20GB 4G? They will still update it’s firmware untill a real 5G.

Posted by chappelle on October 27, 2004 at 4:08 AM (PDT)

And these new versions of the 4G just pushed back the release of the 5G, so we’ll have updates for a bit longer…

Posted by chappelle on October 27, 2004 at 4:10 AM (PDT)

No the U2 ‘Pod is not 5G in and of itself but, I’d hazzard that the Photo’pod is a likely canadate for the 5G Crown though.

Think about the very minor difference between the 1 & 2 Generations. If you’d ask me a 65,000 Color LCD is a big(er)-deal then the mass exodus form the ‘Scroll-Wheel’!!!

But, allas that’s jus me!

Posted by Ichijoe on October 27, 2004 at 5:02 AM (PDT)

is there any reason for me to upgrade to 4.7 if i’m not worried about dupes?

Posted by common on October 27, 2004 at 8:46 AM (PDT)

does any one know about mytunes, ourtunes, and the mplugin….does this new version of itunes effect them in any way?

Posted by rivlinm on October 27, 2004 at 10:03 AM (PDT)

about to instal - then read this in the notes;

After installing iTunes 4.7 for Windows, you’ll only be able to transfer music to your iPod using iTunes. To transfer music from MusicMatch Jukebox or Audible Manager to your iPod, you’ll need to first import the music into iTunes. For more information, search iTunes and Music Store Help.

I use VPOD and EUPOD to manage my songs. If I go to 4.7 will I still be able to?

Posted by rt on October 27, 2004 at 10:08 AM (PDT)

On windows i can set my bitrate.

Posted by Cmaier on October 27, 2004 at 12:25 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >