Macworld 2007 keynote now available as podcast | iLounge News

Macworld 2007 keynote now available as podcast

Delivered by Apple CEO Steve Jobs, this year’s keynote address from Macworld Expo is now available as a free downloadable podcast from the iTunes Store. Despite the fact that it clocks in at a feature film-length 1 hour and 45 minutes, Jobs’ keynote is unquestionably the most engaging public speech iLounge’s editors have ever seen, introducing the company’s new iPhone with a level of oratorical mastery that deserves academic study. The download is 1.21GB, and well worth the transfer time.

« Klipsch debuts RoomGroove iPod audio system

Cisco lost rights to iPhone trademark last year? »

Comments

This is something I would have actually paid $1.99 for, but Apple was cool enough and created a podcast.

I’ve watched several of the keynote speeches on my laptop, despite the usually choppy quality because of the many users. But not this year, thanks Apple!

I sent this in as a suggestion after WWDC; could they have actually listened to my suggestion?

Posted by Eric Gruber on January 13, 2007 at 9:36 AM (PDT)

That funny that you guys thought that this was one of his best speeches. No doubt that Jobs is a great speaker but this one felt kinda phoned in to me (pun intended) it felt like he was relying too much on his notes or slides. For me Jobs’ speaking is at his best when he puts on the facade that he has seen the future of the industry and though it may seem strange to us mere mortals we had better just trust him cause he is gonna be right, and it didn’t seem like that had to happen very much because the audience really saw the iPhone coming and were just psyched to get to buy it. Either way I hope that there will be a “one more thing” soon (as there wasn’t one at this event) that would be a widescreen video iPod that has more tha 8gb of storage that more people can afford, even $500 for the premium version of a new iPod would be great if it had more than 100 gbs.

Posted by JuanoTejano on January 13, 2007 at 9:47 AM (PDT)

1.21 gigabytes? 1.21 gigabytes?!? Great Scott, Marty!

Posted by Multimoog on January 13, 2007 at 2:17 PM (PDT)

Good thinking Apple! I was keenly waiting to view the stream but sadly couldn’t due to a QuickTime error. It’s all good now though!!

Posted by ConnorClarke on January 13, 2007 at 4:49 PM (PDT)

Doesn’t work for me unfortunately. When I try to click on Subscribe or Get Episode it’s faded out so doesn’t let me click on it.

Posted by mike on January 15, 2007 at 8:35 AM (PDT)

“a level of oratorical mastery that deserves academic study”?... hmmmmmm. i think this claim is too much. though jobs seems to have mastered adjectives along the lines of “gorgeous, awesome…”

btw, cingular’s ceo looks like a mafioso.

Posted by bulilyo on January 15, 2007 at 7:50 PM (PDT)

I downloaded the podcast and transferred it to my 5G iPod.  It took me a while to find it there, as it wasn’t under ‘Podcasts’.  I finally found it in Videos>Video Playlists>Recently Added.  The file was listed nowhere else on my iPod.  My question is where will the file be listed under after it’s no longer ‘recently added’?  In iTunes, it’s filed correctly under ‘Podcasts’.

Great keynote, BTW; nearly brought tears to my eyes.

Posted by Russell on January 15, 2007 at 8:25 PM (PDT)

Works great on my computer but for some reason on my iPod it crashes when I try to view it. Shouldn’t this be under Video category versus Podcast?

Posted by AZ on January 16, 2007 at 1:54 PM (PDT)

Like iLounges Bob Leven’s, I live in the UK, where we use mostly us ADSL compared to DSL, Fibre and Cable used in America. If i download it, i’ll have no net for a month (I have a 2Gb download limit) and I will have to leave my untrusty old Compaq on for 20+ hours. I wish Apple would just put the Keynote up on there website, but in a format like You Tube.

Posted by ryan10ad on January 17, 2007 at 11:42 AM (PDT)