Macworld: BTI debuts first iPod FM Receiver [updated]
Battery Technology Incorporated (BTI), maker of iLounge’s 2004 Accessory of the Year The iPod Battery, today announced March 2005 availability of a fan-requested product: a three in one iPod FM radio receiver, transmitter, and remote control cable. The new accessory will retail for $79 and permit real-time tuning of five preset radio stations, connecting through the iPod’s headphone port.
For photos of the prototype unit, click “Read more” below. The final shipping hardware will change dramatically in physical appearence, including a glossy white plastic front that’s more resilient, and will include an impressively simple way for the iPod to receive FM radio broadcasts… without having to install software on your PC or Mac.
BTI also showed The iPod Battery 3 ($59), which adds 8-10 hours of playback time to an iPod with 4 replaceable AA batteries. March availability is planned, and the company may well rename the Battery 3 before shipment.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?