Macworld: Griffin rolls out the Bluetrip Wireless Transmitter | iLounge News

Macworld: Griffin rolls out the Bluetrip Wireless Transmitter

pic Griffin Technology today announced the BlueTrip, a wireless transmitter/receiver for broadcasting audio from an iPod to a home stereo. Using Bluetooth technology, BlueTrip consists of a Bluetooth transmitter that connects to an iPod along with a stylish Bluetooth receiver that hooks to your home stereo via RCA, mini jack, or optical audio cables. BlueTrip is expected to ship in the first quarter of 2005 at a price of $149.

« Apple reports record earnings as iPod sales soar

iPod & iTunes Garage book updated »

Comments

Im buying one! :-D

This is so awesome, i can use it almost anywhere to broadcast my music with no interference.

I stumbled across Griffins press room when they had all the other accessories they havent officially released yet, and theyre releasing another bluetooth accessory for wirelessly managing music on your computer. I have forgotten the details about it, but i remember there being another major bluetooth accessory being released by griffin in the near future.

Posted by Youre a moron on January 12, 2005 at 3:55 PM (PDT)

I wonder why they’re not showing the transmitter?

Posted by wired in L.A. on January 12, 2005 at 5:04 PM (PDT)

I only want a mini bluetooh adapter for iPod Shuffle that pauses my music when someone calls me to my bluetooth phone..

Something as small as the cap that already includes the iPod Shuffle..

A device like this:

It could also use the bluetooth mobile to display song name and album art! wink

Please, Griffin Tech, Belkin, Nyko MacMice Someone make that device!

Posted by coolkamio in Spain on January 12, 2005 at 5:35 PM (PDT)

i don’t get it, why doesn’t someone make something really cool like a blue tooth remote with a screen on it so i can see the names of the tracks and stuff while my ipod stays in my pocket or bag. come on now how many different ipod cases or battery chargers do we need anyways? . jeees!!!!

Posted by sonyman in toronto on January 12, 2005 at 8:02 PM (PDT)

How about connecting it directly to mobile, power-driven or battery operated speakers?

Posted by stuschwartz2004 on January 13, 2005 at 4:40 AM (PDT)

This is an awesome product, but previous poster is correct, combine this with a bluetooth remote with screen capabilities.  Imagine the possibilities.  Your iPod transmits to your home stereo and you have complete control of your iPod from across the room!  THAT would be a killer app!

Posted by Obadiah on January 13, 2005 at 6:11 AM (PDT)

You guys don’t have a clue.  There is no need for an additional bluetooth remote with a screen, because Bluetrip transforms your actual iPod into the perfect remote control.  They don’t show a picture of the transmitter, but I imagine it will look a lot like the iTrip.  So here’s the deal…you plug the transmitter into the iPod, plug the receiver into your stereo, and boom, your iPod is magically turned into a remote that can be used up to 30 feet away through walls and floors, all while using the iPod interface that we’ve grown to love.  It doesn’t get much better than that.  I’ve been waiting for something like this ever since I got my first iPod.  I just hope it works like advertised.

Posted by cromer on January 13, 2005 at 8:13 AM (PDT)

Belkin just showed an almost identical product at CES. We’ll see when theirs will ship.

Posted by wired in L.A. on January 13, 2005 at 8:37 AM (PDT)

cromer:: i think you don’t have a clue! when i posted b4 i wasn’t talking about adding a blue tooth remote for this product , if anyone wants to do this now all you need is the airport express with itunes that is out already. i can control my music on my powerbook all the way from the second floor of my house. there’s no need to wait for this product the express works great. if you read my post again i was saying it would be cool if someone would make a remote i could use on the road .  i own a i pod armor case and everytime i need to change something i have to open the case up. most of the stuff ppl are making for the ipod are a gimmick. like i really need a flash light or laser pointer on my ipod. give me a break. other companies have remotes on there mp3 players with a screen i wish apple would smarten up. hell they could of even used it for there new i pod shuffle. Now that would be good add on.

Posted by sonyman in toronto on January 13, 2005 at 10:55 AM (PDT)

This product is indeed useful, as you don’t need your notebook to stream your music.  Just need your much lighter, much more battery efficient iPod, which fits in your hand just like a remote control.

Posted by taylor14 on January 13, 2005 at 2:43 PM (PDT)

don’t need it, I have the monster dock.. connects to my AMP with line out sound via nice Monster Cables and charges my iPod.  The last thing I need is another battery hog (i.e. iTrip).  I am thinking of getting a remote for the top of the ipod though.  There are a couple out now… and I can program it to my Sony Universal remote… ALL IN ONE BABY!  Keep it Simple.

Posted by apple juice in USA on January 17, 2005 at 9:26 AM (PDT)