Macworld: Hot on the 2005 Macworld SF show floor A-E
Altec Lansing has hot new items on the high and low ends: its new iM202 inMotion over-the-ear earphones are white, highly unique in aesthetic design, and intended to further proliferate the brand name made famous by its portable speaker systems. Simultaneously, it’s releasing a gorgeous brushed 12-driver (plus subwoofer) aluminum FX6021 speaker system under the InConcert name with “virtually no drop off” and 75 watts of power.
Battery Technology Inc. is one of two companies on our “hot watch” list. In addition to its first-of-class FM radio receiver for the iPod, which we exclusively reported upon yesterday, the company’s working on an under-$100 wireless iPod broadcasting system based on 900 MHz technology. More importantly, it’s mulling a name or brand change to reflect the fact that its products now span numerous important categories outside of batteries - a very good idea.
Belkin’s Bluetooth-based TuneStage iPod broadcasting system includes all of the features we’ve discussed in our previous reports, but now we’ve seen the physical design. It’s a white and silver mini-router with a white antenna, blue lights on its receiver and silver iPod transmitter, and no audio distortion that we could hear on the show floor. It’s planned for a March release at $169.99, and lets you listen to your iPod in your home with your iPod in your pocket.
Dension’s MOST>Link and Screen>Link add in-car iPod playback to industry standard audio systems and vehicles equipped with visual navigation systems, respectively.
Despite recent challenges, Eroch Studios’ new LiliPod mini emerged as the only true waterproof case on the market for the iPod mini, and the original LiliPod remains the only true waterproof case for the full-sized iPod.
Etymotic is developing wireless headphones, refreshes of its existing headphones, and a brand new lower-end headphone to match the iPod, none of which were on the show floor. The company is drawing the line on audio quality at the $100 minimum price point, and won’t sell its newest product unless it produces sufficiently clean sound with a great dynamic range. Look for big things from Ety in the year to come.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?