Macworld: Hot on the 2005 Macworld SF show floor A-E
Altec Lansing has hot new items on the high and low ends: its new iM202 inMotion over-the-ear earphones are white, highly unique in aesthetic design, and intended to further proliferate the brand name made famous by its portable speaker systems. Simultaneously, it’s releasing a gorgeous brushed 12-driver (plus subwoofer) aluminum FX6021 speaker system under the InConcert name with “virtually no drop off” and 75 watts of power.
Battery Technology Inc. is one of two companies on our “hot watch” list. In addition to its first-of-class FM radio receiver for the iPod, which we exclusively reported upon yesterday, the company’s working on an under-$100 wireless iPod broadcasting system based on 900 MHz technology. More importantly, it’s mulling a name or brand change to reflect the fact that its products now span numerous important categories outside of batteries - a very good idea.
Belkin’s Bluetooth-based TuneStage iPod broadcasting system includes all of the features we’ve discussed in our previous reports, but now we’ve seen the physical design. It’s a white and silver mini-router with a white antenna, blue lights on its receiver and silver iPod transmitter, and no audio distortion that we could hear on the show floor. It’s planned for a March release at $169.99, and lets you listen to your iPod in your home with your iPod in your pocket.
Dension’s MOST>Link and Screen>Link add in-car iPod playback to industry standard audio systems and vehicles equipped with visual navigation systems, respectively.
Despite recent challenges, Eroch Studios’ new LiliPod mini emerged as the only true waterproof case on the market for the iPod mini, and the original LiliPod remains the only true waterproof case for the full-sized iPod.
Etymotic is developing wireless headphones, refreshes of its existing headphones, and a brand new lower-end headphone to match the iPod, none of which were on the show floor. The company is drawing the line on audio quality at the $100 minimum price point, and won’t sell its newest product unless it produces sufficiently clean sound with a great dynamic range. Look for big things from Ety in the year to come.
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
- Mad Catz unveils C.T.R.L.i iOS controller
- Fitbit pulls, recalls Force fitness tracker
- Bose debuts SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III
- Scosche releases MagicMount system for iOS devices
- Apogee intros JAM 96k guitar interface, MiC 96k
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone